android
Old 03-25-2010, 02:04 AM
Ultra Senior Member

dberter, thanks for sharing your experiences.....makes me feel a little better about waiting for a while. Hope you can get it to cooperate with you better as time goes on.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-25-2010, 03:03 AM

6+ hours of play back so far and mine is still working fine, the error you is a read only error because it can't make a playlist file while choosing a song as rockbox works on playlists.
Battle.net Tag: wuaffiliate#1677

Old 03-25-2010, 03:13 AM
Banned

I'm doing it this morning - in an hour I'll have a burgundy Clip+.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:15 AM

Seems to be working fine with regards to playback. Today is a good day (means I have to update my sig too!).

Just wondering: Is there any reason inserting a USB cable just charges the battery and doesn't boot the OF? This behaviour is different than on my Clipv1 and my e280v2, although all you have to do is hold down Home to get to the OF.

Thank you Rockbox! I always like the option of running an alternative (preferably open source) firmware on my myriad of devices.
SoundMagic PL50|SoundMagic PL30|Bang&Olufsen Form 2

Old 03-25-2010, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dberter View Post
Also, the coloring is a bit off...something I could personally care less about. The top half is yellow, the bottom is blue, but the artist name gets cut off...so it's mostly blue, but also slightly yellow at the tips of the letters. Like I said, nothing to worry about, but just thought I'd let ya'll know. Hope this helps!
goto settings>theme settings>while playing screen and select "iAmp". see if that's any better?

rockbox won't remember this setting between reboots so if you do like it, you can create a config file in notepad on your pc and copy it to the .rockbox folder so it always starts with this theme applied.

name the file "fixed.cfg" and place inside the ".rockbox" folder. and the file should contain this....

Code:
wps: /.rockbox/wps/iAmp.wps
(i'm using a clip v2 so you might want to check the path on your device is the same)

Old 03-25-2010, 05:40 AM

Hi,
What about the sound quality? Any differences? Still lowered volume level when using EQ?

Thank you.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
Hi,
What about the sound quality? Any differences? Still lowered volume level when using EQ?

Thank you.
No the rockbox EQ is fantastic, no lowered volume and it's completely configurable.
Battle.net Tag: wuaffiliate#1677

Old 03-25-2010, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
Hi,

Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adub View Post
No the rockbox EQ is fantastic, no lowered volume and it's completely configurable.
AFAIK there’s never been a volume level issue with rockbox, he could be referring to the OF. Even in the early days on the v1 there wasn’t one, sure there were a few bugs and a playback glitch, but that isn’t the case with this new build and I concur with Adub, the rockbox EQ and features are great

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 03-25-2010, 08:15 AM
Rockbox Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunami88 View Post
Just wondering: Is there any reason inserting a USB cable just charges the battery and doesn't boot the OF?
Yes, USB detection is not implemented yet.

I have made a list of not working features below the status table at http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SansaAMS#Port_Status

Old 03-25-2010, 10:36 AM

Is anyone else having booting issues? My player doesn't seem to want to start up at all. It eventually does, but it takes me a good 5 or 10 minutes of holding down the power button...waiting...waiting, letting up, holding down again. It eventually starts, but till after a long battle.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:36 AM

Here's the config.cfg from my Clipv1, it can be edited to one's liking and put in the .rockbox folder on the player. Maybe it's of some help to some of you.
Attached Files
File Type: cfg config.cfg (1,023 Bytes, 143 views)

Old 03-25-2010, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc2003 View Post
goto settings>theme settings>while playing screen and select "iAmp". see if that's any better?

rockbox won't remember this setting between reboots so if you do like it, you can create a config file in notepad on your pc and copy it to the .rockbox folder so it always starts with this theme applied.

name the file "fixed.cfg" and place inside the ".rockbox" folder. and the file should contain this....

Code:
wps: /.rockbox/wps/iAmp.wps
(i'm using a clip v2 so you might want to check the path on your device is the same)

Ahh...so much better. I really didn't care, but that theme does look a lot nicer. I'll work on the config file later. Thanks!

Old 03-25-2010, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funman View Post
Yes, USB detection is not implemented yet.

I have made a list of not working features below the status table at http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SansaAMS#Port_Status
Thanks, I'd missed the line at the bottom. I actually thought it was a function of the bootloader and not a "feature" of the firmware. It's all good though, like I said, holding Home works just fine.
SoundMagic PL50|SoundMagic PL30|Bang&Olufsen Form 2

Old 03-25-2010, 03:41 PM

Hello all, I just installed Rockbox on my Clip+ and I am very happy with the array of features it provides. However, one annoyance is that Rockbox doesn't save your settings. Now I read marc2003's solution for this, however, when I connect my Clip to my PC (after booting the OF), I can not find the .rockbox folder anywhere. Has anyone had this problem? Does anyone have a solution or advice? Thanks your your help in advance.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:52 PM
Administrator

The installation of the new firmware caused all of my settings to return to default. Check your USB mode, make sure it's MSC.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfixiator View Post
Hello all, I just installed Rockbox on my Clip+ and I am very happy with the array of features it provides. However, one annoyance is that Rockbox doesn't save your settings. Now I read marc2003's solution for this, however, when I connect my Clip to my PC (after booting the OF), I can not find the .rockbox folder anywhere. Has anyone had this problem? Does anyone have a solution or advice? Thanks your your help in advance.
Make sure your clip is in MSC mode, that is most likely your problem. Also, dfkt was kind enough to provide a config file (above) that can be easily manipulated to your liking to save your settings. You have to delete some of it though because, as is, playback doesn't work. I'm not sure which line is the culprit because I deleted and changed around a lot after initially trying the file as posted.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:28 PM

Thanks a lot skip and dberter, I hadn't realized that the Clip had switched to MTP. Switching it back to MSC did the trick.

P.S. Thanks for the config file dfkt.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:25 PM

Sorry if this is repetetive, but i just really don't want to brick my clip.

So i put the BIN file and .rockbox folder in the root, unplug and update, plug back in, put those files in the root again? Because thats kinda what it sounds like. Then should i hold the home button after that?

Old 03-25-2010, 05:36 PM

No. You put .rockbox in the root, and make the .BIN file from mkamsboot, the original firmware and the bootloader download dfkt's bootloader. Place the bootloader in the root, safely eject your Clip+ and enjoy Rockbox. You don't need to do anything with the home button.

Last edited by Plop; 03-25-2010 at 06:01 PM.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:59 PM

You probably should wait if you're that concerned about bricking your clip+, especially if you have trouble understanding how to install. The development for clip+ is still very early.

Wait a few weeks or months until it is more stable.