android
Old 03-24-2010, 06:02 PM

as posted in the firmware update notice, whatever Creative did within the LUA programming that is causing some apps to crash also fixed my touch screen issues.

Dave

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-24-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkstott View Post
as posted in the firmware update notice, whatever Creative did within the LUA programming that is causing some apps to crash also fixed my touch screen issues.

Dave
It appears that the only apps that are crashing are those which use the accelerometer. Fixing them is as simple as deleting the files from your X-Fi2 and replacing them with originals from the original app files stored on your computer (if you kept them), or re-downloaded from wherever you got them on the net. However, for the few that this doesn't fix, you'll have to wait until their creaters update their apps to deal with the changed getdata and setdata method names for the accelerometer.

Last edited by Tetrajak; 03-24-2010 at 09:26 PM.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:25 PM

which leads me to believe that Creative made changes to the accelerometer programming.

Somehow the change is probably tied into the touch screen orientation, Which coincidentally solved my issues.

I am no longer playing chase the calibration point and can easily scroll past "H" during an artist search.

Dave

Old 03-24-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkstott View Post
which leads me to believe that Creative made changes to the accelerometer programming.

Somehow the change is probably tied into the touch screen orientation, Which coincidentally solved my issues.

I am no longer playing chase the calibration point and can easily scroll past "H" during an artist search.

Dave
It has nothing to do with the touch screen orientation what-so-ever. The getdata and setdata methods for the accelerometer had their names changed slightly. This needs to be reflected in the code of the affected apps or they wont work on the new firmware.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:24 AM

I'm updating my player i will post the fixes later
btw, thanks habhomme for the info

Old 03-25-2010, 07:38 AM

Ok, there are no major bugfixes (except for the audio in applications)....it is faster but... EVERYTIME i plug in in my computer, it resets my settings!

edit: it doesn't do it anymore

Last edited by Spewk; 03-25-2010 at 07:54 AM.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:04 AM

It seems like the bugfix for the audio have given birth to another audio bug. The player can suddenly compress the volume scale it seems so 6 corresponds to 1 and 25 is still 25. Thus making it so that 15 sounds like about 13. This remains until I restart my player.

I discovered this bug while playing around with the audio volume in an application, and Brett_val told me he had experienced the same thing during normal use of the player.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 03-26-2010, 05:07 PM
X-Fi2 Development Moderator

Back to ideas. It would be good if the player could buffer the first few seconds of a track before it's played allowing for instant track changes. This must be possible because even on random the player knows which song its playing next. I listen to a lot of lostprophets (lots of other bands do it too, not to mention audiobooks) and the fills between songs sound awesome on my laptop, but theres a horribly noticable pause on my zen

Old 03-29-2010, 07:00 AM

My ideas for a better X-FI 2? (1) An arrow buttons in the VOLUME, EQUALIZER etc. so that you won't need to scroll the "adjuster" for precise volume control! (just like the way you would adjust the zen x-fi2 clock. (2) Album art support for FLAC (3) Support for mp3 PRO. (3) No "initial" folder at the Picture Folders.

Old 03-29-2010, 01:29 PM

It'd be awesome if the only time the MicroSD was scanned was when the contents had actually changed rather than every single time it loaded.

Old 03-29-2010, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habhome View Post
It seems like the bugfix for the audio have given birth to another audio bug. The player can suddenly compress the volume scale it seems so 6 corresponds to 1 and 25 is still 25. Thus making it so that 15 sounds like about 13. This remains until I restart my player.

I discovered this bug while playing around with the audio volume in an application, and Brett_val told me he had experienced the same thing during normal use of the player.
Yeah, sometimes a suddenly decrease in total volume output appears when you change the volume. With firmware 1.10, you could correct this by moving the slider of the x-fi crystallizer back and forth, and then the volume would be up to normal (then the volume would suddenly increase back to normal), but with firmware 1.12 this doesn't fix it anymore.
The only fix for turning the volume back to normal now is turning the player off and on again.

Old 04-03-2010, 02:23 PM

Default Drm10

DRM-10

Can't imagine why they didn't go that way in the first place.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:34 AM

I'd love a feature to play all albums listed for an artist instead of having to choose one at a time. Sometimes I'm in the mood for just one band and it gets frustrating having to go back and forth between the albums in the menu.

Old 04-13-2010, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_phyre View Post
I'd love a feature to play all albums listed for an artist instead of having to choose one at a time. Sometimes I'm in the mood for just one band and it gets frustrating having to go back and forth between the albums in the menu.
There is a way to do this already, and there's a thread on here which explains how to do it. I'll quote the person who provided the procedure:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoePercent View Post
try this:
select music
select artist
from the drop down menu, select view all
choose a song
It works like a charm.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 04-15-2010, 08:41 AM

I think I've found a bug/annoying change with the latest firmware....

When you're playing a track, and go to the different views (i.e. the view with the star rating, then to the list of 'selected tracks') the selected tracks view goes to the top of the list, rather than the place in the list that you're current track is. I'm pretty sure it used to go to the current place in the list.....

Old 04-16-2010, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habhome View Post
There is a way to do this already, and there's a thread on here which explains how to do it. I'll quote the person who provided the procedure:

It works like a charm.
Thanks Hab. And the funny part is i remember using this option before now must've slipped my mind lol

Old 04-20-2010, 08:32 AM

When Audio-Books (or Music) ist stored on the SD-Card, it is not possible to set bookmarks! Not very comfortable....

I don't know, where the bookmarks are stored in Xfi's filesystem, but some control-files are also on the SD-Card and the card is scanned each time after power on. So i see no reason not to have bookmarks there.....

regards
-klaus

Old 04-29-2010, 01:05 PM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spewk View Post
Hey mates,
I was thinking about making a bug report thread, so we (maybe) can send it to Creative to make a better firmware for our Creative ZEN X-Fi2.
Also, we can add interesting features we would love to have on it.
I'll start:

Bugs:
- Misspelled names in Italian translation (i'm italian )
- Drive scan really slow on reset
- Sometimes it randomly crashes
- Coverart on FLAC missing (maybe it's a bug, maybe a feature)

new features:
- Coverart on FLAC
- Integration of the accelerometer in the menu
- Automatic radio names (i don't know how to explain it, but new radios transmit their names and you can see them on the display)
- Allow update of calendar and contacts without the use of Centrale.

Things which have been fixed:
- Issues with touch screen sensitivity/erratic action etc.
- Music/audio effects volume on applications (when using earphones) gets lower randomly until 0

Any other ideas/bugs?
That last comment of yours about the audio randomly bit.
I ran some tests.
The issue happens if the headphones are plugged in and if the audio is >=15.
If you set it at 14 or lower. it works as expected.

Old 05-03-2010, 12:40 PM

i have another bug
sometimes it skips tracks on the same album
ex: if i play the first track, at the end it goes to the 3rd...and from the finish of the 3rd it goes to the 5th!

Old 05-03-2010, 01:24 PM
X-Fi2 App Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spewk View Post
i have another bug
sometimes it skips tracks on the same album
ex: if i play the first track, at the end it goes to the 3rd...and from the finish of the 3rd it goes to the 5th!
This may be because the ZEN cannot play the file, so it skips to the next track.