android
Old 03-23-2010, 01:44 PM

Default I am stuck in recovery mode. Please help!!

hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me out here, I've got a couple of problems, and who knows how many more once I get past these!

Ok,
1) When I plug in I only get the adapter icon in top right, no battery charging thing.

2) I am stuck in recovery mode. I've tried selecting every option (though never got to the end of the formatting one as I think it's stuck in there)

3) my computer recognises the machine but the software program doesn't.

4) when I am plugged in on usb i get a docked message, no sync, just docked and I then cant scroll down and select reload firmware.

Any body got any ideas?

Thanks

Cheryl

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-27-2010, 08:26 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Given the sudden rash of "stuck in recovery mode" threads I've seen lately, I think we've found the average lifespan of the ZVM's hard drive!

I assume you've already tried resetting your player using the reset hole at the bottom?

If this doesn't help, and your player is going immediately to Recovery Mode (or makes strange clicking or clunking sounds in the process), and you are unable to reformat the disk, then it sounds like your player's hard drive has died.

The good news is, these drives are relatively easy to replace. You'll find plenty of threads on that subject, along with some good how-to guides, in the "Hacks and Mods" subforum here.