android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2010, 10:26 PM

Hey fugusushi

yeah sorry. After doing some more reading around I think the japanese ones only support sonicstage interfacing and nothing else. I got my a846 from hong kong with english menus and it works just like my old A729 - MTP, UMS, media monkey and the works. The Walkman MTP program works fine with my a846, but it does use MTP which is probably why it doesn't work with yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugusushi View Post
tonysunshine - i certainly appreciate the feedback -- but i've tried both of these solutions before and, no dice...

trying to update the driver/change it to MTP in the way you describe doesn't work - there is no MTP option offered, and the info on the player describes it as; <Storage type="MSD" - there is no menu option on the player to change it to MTP either - the apparent lack of support for MTP seems to be at the heart of the issue...

And the WalkmanMTP prog. doesn't seem to work either - i don't think it's compatible with later Walkmans...

It is possible to get playlists on to it, but only by using SonicStage - which is not a viable solution for me...

if you have any other ideas, i'll certainly try them out... how do i get this thing to be 'MTP' compatible?!