android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung M1

Old 04-09-2010, 09:37 PM

Default Accessories (e.g. skin/screen protectors) for the M1

Hello everyone! Just picked up my very own M1 yesterday and love it so much Anyway as my thread title suggests I've noticed no one so far has talked about screen or whole body protectors for the M1 (and there isn't even a subforum for it unlike the other MP3 player forums). So here's a thread dedicated to discussing, reviewing and finding out more about the options for accessories for the M1 until the subforum comes up.

So far I've only found two options for body/screen protectors which are Skinomi Techskin and Invisible Shield. Anyone on the forums knows any other options or similar screen size/shape gadgets that have screen protectors which might fit the M1?

Let's get the ball rolling guys and chip in with your experiences with protectors from the two companies or anything you want

P.S. I haven't been on these (or any) forums for a while so pardon the noob question but what is a roaming thread?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-11-2010, 08:26 PM

You can look for them from this Korean website: http://www.gmarket.co.kr/challenge_e...y/category.asp. Google translate can be used for individual thread, and I think they do international shipping. Personally, I use a black silicon skin from a company called tomato, ordered online from an Indonesian website for $8 incl. S&H, and so far I'm satisfied with the skin. It fits the M1 well, and protects the M1 casing from scratches. For the touchscreen, I used screenguard for iPhone with a bit modification (costs like $4, and so far so good).

Old 04-12-2010, 01:37 AM

Thanks for that link, seems like they have a couple of skins for sale. Would it be possible for you to link me to that website you used? All google brings up when I search are tomato farmers in indonesia or something :P I got a random phone's screen protector for my M1 too and so far so good.

Oh yes and how is pressing the buttons at the top with a silicon skin? The buttons are cramped up as it is right now and I was just wondering if having a silicon skin makes it more difficult to press the buttons or makes no difference? Thanks komedol for the help

Old 04-12-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsatia View Post
Thanks for that link, seems like they have a couple of skins for sale. Would it be possible for you to link me to that website you used? All google brings up when I search are tomato farmers in indonesia or something :P I got a random phone's screen protector for my M1 too and so far so good.

Oh yes and how is pressing the buttons at the top with a silicon skin? The buttons are cramped up as it is right now and I was just wondering if having a silicon skin makes it more difficult to press the buttons or makes no difference? Thanks komedol for the help
I got the skin from a seller in an Indonesian forum. Not sure if he does international shipping, but you might check it out: http://translate.google.co.id/transl...52&sl=id&tl=en
To my knowledge, the seller is an Indonesian currently resides in South Korea.

With the silicon on, pressing the bottons is a bit more difficult and takes a bit getting used to, but once you get the hang of it should be okay. The skin covers the buttons completely, but it has markers to show each individual buttons.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:09 PM

Hmm okay thanks a lot! I realised that shipping internationally for a silicon case is kinda stupid though cause shipping is more expensive than the case itself ):

Old 04-14-2010, 10:26 PM

I got these pouches from http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250598639529&ssPageNam e=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_953wt_1027 and they're pretty cheap and they work. They're for some Samsung phones so they're a bit big but they still work to cushion it etc. in my pocket.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:22 AM

The listing has ended but hmm interesting. I'm just using a generic cloth sock thing now but have to take it out everytime I want to change the volume or change song

Old 05-28-2010, 07:27 PM

Anyone has seen a dock with audio out for the M1 around?