android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Vision:M

Old 04-08-2010, 04:01 PM

Default ZVM keeps changing to radio when earphones are connected

Hi all, completely new to this so forgive me if I don't get this completely right or include all the necessary information but I would appreciate any help I can get. I have had quite an extensive look at previous posts and can't see anything similar.

I have a Zen Vision M which has never caused me any problems at all and it is the second Zen player I have had.

All of a sudden whenever I connect earphones it tries to change to the radio and then kind of flips back and forth between that and the song I would be trying to play. Not only that but when the earphones are connected and it does decide to play, it sometimes fast forwards through the song without me touching it. Also, when it does play the song I want it to, it is very difficult to hear the singer.

I have connected it to my pc without a problem and played songs through it without any issues too.

Any ideas or has it just decided to give up?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-12-2010, 04:41 AM

Default Could be short circuit

Hi,

The symptoms you describe seems like the remote control function being inadvertently activated.

The remote control uses the first two metal rings in the earphone socket to control the player by means of resistance changes.

It may be there is an electrical short circuit occuring between the first band and the second one.

You may want to try the old "clipped ear bud stick soaked in alcohol and twist in and out" trick. This may clean out any dirt which may be causing this problem.

Alternatively, there may be a bridge somewhere in the 31 pin socket at the bottom of the player, as the same remote control circuit extends from there as well.

Alcohol and a light cleaning with a toothbrush may help. (battery flat or disconnected please).

Tags
earphones, problems, vision:m