android
Old 03-15-2010, 01:11 AM

Default (ASK) Software to Sync M1

I'm looking for a software I can use to sync my M1. I used to own an iPod thus I'm very comfortable with using iTunes, and one key feature I look for in the software is the ability to reorganize the music folder automatically (e.g. like iTunes, when importing a music file it creates a folder by artist name - album name). I've tried Emodio, WMP, Winamp, and currently is trying out MediaMonkey, and I don't think any of the software has that ability. Do you have any suggestion? What's your preferred software to sync your M1 with?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-15-2010, 03:42 AM

I used Songbird for a while, which does that, and you can actually configure the order of folders and sorting, etc. Only problem is if you drag all your songs to the device twice it will create two copies of each so you have to either only drag the new songs or delete them all and recopy all of them. I just sort my library myself now and drag it to the M1 in Windows. I also tried the Korean version of Emodio, and I can get the scrolling lyrics to work, but they seem to be a bit buggy.

Old 03-15-2010, 05:35 AM

@ cscs1: thanks for the info. I am downloading it right now. I don't mind to repopulate the library in my M1 if Songbird meets my needs

Old 03-17-2010, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscs1 View Post
I used Songbird for a while, which does that, and you can actually configure the order of folders and sorting, etc. Only problem is if you drag all your songs to the device twice it will create two copies of each so you have to either only drag the new songs or delete them all and recopy all of them. I just sort my library myself now and drag it to the M1 in Windows. I also tried the Korean version of Emodio, and I can get the scrolling lyrics to work, but they seem to be a bit buggy.
@ cscs1: Songbird is nice, similar to iTunes, but when I sync it with my M1 (in MSC mode) the playlists don't get transffered and that's a problem. Did you get the same problem? What software do you use right now?

Old 04-14-2010, 11:37 PM

Right now I am using a simple folder Sync software where u choose two folders and it syncs them. If u edit the tags it will still recopy them and i found that cool. Its from Microsoft called SyncToy 2.1 .

Old 04-15-2010, 06:06 AM

@ cscs1: thanks for your input! After trying out many softwares, I finally came up with a solution that same as you: using synctoy. But to manage my library, I use mediamonkey. They both work like a charm

Old 04-15-2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komedol View Post
@ cscs1: Songbird is nice, similar to iTunes, but when I sync it with my M1 (in MSC mode) the playlists don't get transffered and that's a problem. Did you get the same problem? What software do you use right now?
Does synctoy solve the playlists transferring problem? My playlists get transferred but somehow don't appear under the music menu, although I can see them in the file manager

Old 04-15-2010, 06:05 PM

I create my playlists from the device so I'm not sure.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsatia View Post
Does synctoy solve the playlists transferring problem? My playlists get transferred but somehow don't appear under the music menu, although I can see them in the file manager
Not to my knowledge. I used to be able to transfer my playlist, but I forgot how. I am not sure, but I think I suceed in transferring my playlist when I transferred my songs using Windows Media Player (and the player is in MTP mode instead of MSC). CMIIW. Mind you though, transferring lots of files in MTP mode does take a while