android
Old 04-14-2010, 11:09 AM

Default NWZ-S639FBMC2: Are You Familiar With This Model?

Hello,

I'm a "newbie" to mp3 players and on this site. So, here's my scenario...

I purchased a Sony NWZ-S639FBLK via a reputable online merchant. In turn, I received a black-colored player that's retail-packaged as a Sony "NWZ-S639F." Oddly, on the package exterior, an overlaid barcode sticker has "NWZS639FBMC2."

There's very little info on the internet regarding the NWZS639FBMC2, and none of it states if this a "knock-off"/bogus or refurbished item. Foremost, I could not find out what market (Country) it was produced for.

Replies will be awaited from anyone familiar with, or knowledgeable of, this NWZS639FBMC2, as I'm seriously considering return it. Thanks, in advance.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-16-2010, 01:11 PM

Well, mine says NWZ-639F/BM. The F stands for FM and I believe the BM stands for black model. I got mine from Advanced MP3 Players in England. The NWZ is a European model and was not exported to the U.S. However, the model was so sought after that many people bought the player from Advanced, or Amazon.UK. Where did you buy the player? I know a few weeks ago Sony Style was selling refurbished NWZ 639's for someting like $99.00, which was a real bargain. I noticed on Sony's website they are now sold out. Unless your unhappy with the player, or something sounds wrong with the sound, I wouldn't worry about it. The player is one of the best on the market bar none.

Hope this helps,
Vision1994

Old 04-16-2010, 01:21 PM

I was wrong about Sony Style being sold out. I see there is a post below with a link to Sony's site, and they are available for $89.00.

Vision1994