android
Old 04-10-2007, 12:02 AM

Default Belt clip or arm band for Sansa Express?

Hi everyone,

I'm looking at getting a Sansa Express for gym workouts and running. The rest of the features look just right (cable-less USB, rechargeable, FM, USB2, small screen, small and light) except I need some way to reliably 'attach' it to me! I really don't like these lanyard/necklace things, and the design of the Express that attaches it to the cap instead of the body impresses me even less.
Does anyone know of an online store that might stock either a suitable armband or beltclip for this device?

Many thanks for your time,
CJ

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-10-2007, 08:47 AM

Default Re: armband/beltclip

CJ, I haven't looked online, but I got a "DLO Action Jacket" for my SE at my local Best Buy store. It's 2 pieces: an armband, and a neoprene case w/ viewing window. US$20. It works great for active sports. Stays right where you want it, all controls are within easy reach. Google it, or if you have a Best Buy, call them. My local store didn't show any accessories for the SE online, but they had them in the store. Good Luck!

Old 05-21-2007, 02:04 AM

Default Sansa Express belt clip for 1

I have a solution for that!
The armband / belt clip was exactly what was bothering me before I chose to buy the Express. There is the Best Buy solution, but I think $20 is outrageous, and the flat back of the SE begs for a neat belt clip that should've come with the product. So I got me a neat belt clip for 1 cent:

Sansa Express clip 1.jpg

Sansa Express clip 2.jpg

Sansa Express clip 3.jpg

Well, actually it was $4.85 with the shipping.
I found a cell phone belt clip on Amazon marketplace (for some reason, many of these are selling for 1), in particular one that was perfect since the clip was detachable. All I had to do was unscrew a couple of screws, and attach it to the Sansa. I wish it was a little smaller, but you can't beat the price...

The white stuff is just adhesive putty (blu-tack). My plan was to use velcro, but I didn't have that around the house. So far the putty is holding great, because there's a ton of contact surface.

Old 05-29-2007, 08:51 AM

Ha! That's outstanding, binba - can't believe I hadn't considered the home handyman approach! So basically any kind of bulldog/clothespeg/etc that one can find in an attractive slim design would be worth trying, combined with a bit of superglue (MacGyver's duct-tape for the new millennium!)? I still want to track down some kind of armband approach, but until the manufacturers realise that USD20 is overkill in the pricing dept, your project sounds just fine for me and 'the road'.

Thanks to you and winwithben!
CJ

Old 05-31-2007, 08:38 AM

Case Logic makes a couple of cheap arm bands: I got one at Wal-Mart for $7. See their Web site for similar: http://www.caselogic.com/mp3_player_...?modelid=66181

Old 07-07-2007, 07:24 AM

Post I found this case on the net...

but I haven't had a chance to test it.

http://www.meritline.com/black-silic...a-express.html

Old 04-21-2010, 04:27 PM

I have this: http://www.unitedintegral.com/SanDis...lack-P720.aspx
- nice tight fit,
- simple velcro strap,
- the skin over the controls is thinner than the rest of the skin, so you can use the controls.

The only problem is the hold switch is difficult to use - in fact, I just punctured the skin while using the switch with my nail.