android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen X-Fi2

Old 02-22-2010, 08:21 AM

Default Just Bought a ZEN X-Fi 2? Post questions for myself and the ABi community.

Got Questions about your new ZEN-X-Fi 2? Post them below and the helpful community at ABi forums and myself will be happy to answer them

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-07-2010, 08:06 PM

is it better than the orig X-fi? cause I like the tactile buttons rather than the touchscreen + I heard this player got bugs and is not as good as the many other players.

Iam looking into getting the Zen 32gb or the X-fi 32gb but am intrested in the X-fi2 cause it supports FLAC. can you compare it to the orig in sound?

Old 03-09-2010, 06:49 PM

Personally, I have only ever owned two ZEN players. I own the ZEN X Fi 2 and I owned the ZEN. But I can tell you that the external speaker Is good but not great. But I will say that this player has amazing sound quality when you use the ear buds that come with it. However, FLAC, as you know, is loss less. I haven't tried it with a FLAC sound file, Your questions would be better posed to someone who has owned both.

Old 03-14-2010, 11:12 PM

What is the difference between the X-Fi Crystallizer and the Expander? I'm a little new to these terms so yeah.

Old 03-15-2010, 01:47 AM

The crystalize restores audio which is lost in compression of the audio file, expand adds little delays I think to "fill" the sound so it sounds more like a live performance. I keep the Expand turned off completely on my ZEN since I don't like Live recordings, so I won't force my music to sound like them. On the other hand I have the crystallization set for ~75%.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 04-06-2010, 09:30 AM

So this player has the expand and crystalization but does it have a a custom equalizer?
My year 2006 creative zen 512mb little stick has a 5 band eq! and it sounds freakkkkkkin awesome, love it but too bad it runs on those triple A batterys and that would cost me a fortune to use so I was thinking of getting a new creative...

Old 04-06-2010, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimore000 View Post
So this player has the expand and crystalization but does it have a a custom equalizer?
My year 2006 creative zen 512mb little stick has a 5 band eq! and it sounds freakkkkkkin awesome, love it but too bad it runs on those triple A batterys and that would cost me a fortune to use so I was thinking of getting a new creative...
Yes, the X-Fi2 has a 5 band equalizer.
80, 250, 1k, 4k and 13k Hz
-12 to +12 dB.

Old 04-08-2010, 07:19 AM

I tried a couple albums in flac format, and a few things came up:

1. You ca't seem to have album art on flacs
2. THEY SOUND AWESOME @ about 512kb/s (support up to 1.1mb/s)
3. don't make your whole collection flacs (I have a single song that's over 200MB)

Old 04-10-2010, 03:18 AM
Ultra Senior Member

how many applications already available for x-fi2??

Old 04-10-2010, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
how many applications already available for x-fi2??
(That question has nothing to do with the 64GB version, moved to a more appropriate thread)

As for how many, go to the download applications subforum and count them or check www.xeroo.net.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:13 AM

Okay, I have a question! What kinda music files sounds best on the Zen x-fi 2?? Currently I use highest quality mp3's, but i've had some sound-problems with alot of my songs, sounding like the headphones or broken (sprung) when played on the Zen with the crystalizer turned on.

Old 04-24-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steff8000 View Post
Okay, I have a question! What kinda music files sounds best on the Zen x-fi 2?? Currently I use highest quality mp3's, but i've had some sound-problems with alot of my songs, sounding like the headphones or broken (sprung) when played on the Zen with the crystalizer turned on.
The crystallizer is there to digitally enhance files with a high compression rate. If the files are originally very high quality then the feature is messing around with the audio when it isn't necessary, which could be what is causing the problem. Try turning X-Fi off when listening to high quality files and stick to the EQ on those to make it sound better.