android
Old 04-18-2010, 02:36 PM

Default A few problems with my new x-fi2

I just bought a new creative zen x-fi2 a few weeks ago, but I allready have some problems with it. I hope some of you will be able to help me.

First of all, some of the songs I have on my Zen sounds really bad. Just like the speakers in the included headphones were sprung. I know the headphones isn't broken. I know there's nothing wrong with the mp3 files, so it must be the Zen i Think. I have the crystalizer turned on (ca. 75%) and I have the EQ turned off.

My other problem is, that i got this oil-stain-like spot in the middle of the Zen's screen. Anyone have an idea of what it could be?

Steff

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-19-2010, 10:45 AM

Check http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=53377, it may shed some light on the screen issue, or you could at least join in and try and figure it out.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 04-22-2010, 04:30 PM

Just turn off the crstalizer and EQ.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doushixuwang View Post
Just turn off the crstalizer and EQ.
That help's of course, but the reason i bought the Zen X-fi is because of the x-fi crystalizer. Have anybody had the same problem??

Last edited by Steff8000; 04-24-2010 at 10:15 AM.

Old 04-23-2010, 06:29 PM

Nope, I haven't had that problem. Have you gone through this list of solutions? How to fix most problems with your X-Fi2
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 04-24-2010, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habhome View Post
Nope, I haven't had that problem. Have you gone through this list of solutions? How to fix most problems with your X-Fi2
I'll be surprised if recorvering the player will help on the sound problem, but i will give it a shot After all i'm pretty dersperate right now, and starting to think this was a fail buy. Please tell me it's not!

Old 04-26-2010, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steff8000 View Post
I'll be surprised if recorvering the player will help on the sound problem, but i will give it a shot After all i'm pretty dersperate right now, and starting to think this was a fail buy. Please tell me it's not!
Sony or Cowon DAPs will be better for you.

Any EQ including "X-fi" and "BBE" doesn't really improve the sound quality! It just somewhat sacrifice part of the sound quality to please your ear (but don't apply all these EQ ajustments for any Classical musics. )!

Go for Sony or Cowon DAPs if you really need some good EQ. X-fi just can't do the job. Creative's DAPs always focus on original recording sound.

Old 04-26-2010, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steff8000 View Post
I just bought a new creative zen x-fi2 a few weeks ago, but I allready have some problems with it. I hope some of you will be able to help me.

First of all, some of the songs I have on my Zen sounds really bad. Just like the speakers in the included headphones were sprung. I know the headphones isn't broken. I know there's nothing wrong with the mp3 files, so it must be the Zen i Think. I have the crystalizer turned on (ca. 75%) and I have the EQ turned off.

My other problem is, that i got this oil-stain-like spot in the middle of the Zen's screen. Anyone have an idea of what it could be?

Steff
Hi, you can follow what my setting are:

1. Xi-Fi

Crystalizer: 25%
Expand : 20%

2. Go to System -> Audio Setting

Enable Bass Boost

Disable Smart Volume

EQ : Disco or customize it as follow:

(3 4 5 9 6)

Old 04-26-2010, 02:31 AM

Quote: