android
Old 02-22-2010, 10:20 AM

Default S545 Compiling library

My 826 gives the message Compiling Library after dropping new stuff to it and unplugging from the pc. So why does my S545 want to Compile the Library every time I tun it on even when nothing has been added. Granted it only takes a couple of seconds but it does seem pointless

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-22-2010, 10:28 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinghussar View Post
My 826 gives the message Compiling Library after dropping new stuff to it and unplugging from the pc. So why does my S545 want to Compile the Library every time I tun it on even when nothing has been added. Granted it only takes a couple of seconds but it does seem pointless
It only does that if it has been off more than 4 hours. If it's been less than 4 hours then it will be instant-on.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:34 PM

Is there a something like a "write detector" waving a flag inside the A series? What is technically (physically) missing on the other economical devices like the E430 series forcing this "just in case rebuilding of library"?

Old 02-23-2010, 03:57 AM

Default library

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
It only does that if it has been off more than 4 hours. If it's been less than 4 hours then it will be instant-on.
Thank you my friend as a side issue I dont normally have problems converting dvds and files to play using Prism been fine on the 826 but recorded and converted TV programs on the 826 stop and start and then crash after about 12 mins. This is so consistant beginning to think this is a buggy machine.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinghussar View Post
So why does my S545 want to Compile the Library every time I tun it on even when nothing has been added.
This isn't a glitch, it's a new firmware behaviour in the S-540 series.

Nobody knows why Sony introduced this, so unless you want to make an appointment with Howard Stringer yourself, just get over it.

It's not that big of a deal.

Quote:
This is so consistant beginning to think this is a buggy machine.
Maybe on your S-545, but not on mine.