android
Old 04-08-2010, 10:36 PM

Unhappy scratch

so u kno how the p3 screen is unscratchable right

so then how come i just found a scratch when im super careful with my p3 like cleaning and everything

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-08-2010, 10:50 PM
Ultra Senior Member

can you give us more detail, how can you got that scratch?

Old 04-10-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeezum View Post
so u kno how the p3 screen is unscratchable right
No screen is scratchproof. Some are more scratch resistant than others.

Old 04-25-2010, 12:32 PM

Now, I'm wondering why a video from ABI on YouTube is fake.

Old 04-25-2010, 02:01 PM

The creator has a particular view point and created a video to support his viewpoint:

1) What we don't know is how much pressure was applied. Sometimes, more pressure while dragging the offending item slower works better than rapid motion.
2) How much body oils were on the screen (decreases friction and probability of scratching.
3) We have a 360p video that we are using to see at what level microscratches are being formed on the screen.
4) His test may not reflect your environmental use.

If there is a scratch resistance coating on the screen time, temperature, and chemical exposure can degrade its performane over time. What was good 8 months ago may not be so good now. If the coating was not properly applied, it can fail sooner versus later. There are alot more explainations than this that could be offered.

As with anything else in life, you need to take the information and judge for yourself. Once you make the decision, you only have yourself to blame for the results.

The review did a test and offered a suggestion. Obviously, his test does not reflect your results. That does not mean his test was fake no more than it means that reports of P3 scratches are fake.

You can not use a screen protector and hope for the results that the review reports or use one and worry about it at all.

Last edited by pgh1969pa; 04-25-2010 at 10:07 PM.

Old 04-26-2010, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgh1969pa View Post
The creator has a particular view point and created a video to support his viewpoint:

1) What we don't know is how much pressure was applied. Sometimes, more pressure while dragging the offending item slower works better than rapid motion.
2) How much body oils were on the screen (decreases friction and probability of scratching.
3) We have a 360p video that we are using to see at what level microscratches are being formed on the screen.
4) His test may not reflect your environmental use.

If there is a scratch resistance coating on the screen time, temperature, and chemical exposure can degrade its performane over time. What was good 8 months ago may not be so good now. If the coating was not properly applied, it can fail sooner versus later. There are alot more explainations than this that could be offered.

As with anything else in life, you need to take the information and judge for yourself. Once you make the decision, you only have yourself to blame for the results.

The review did a test and offered a suggestion. Obviously, his test does not reflect your results. That does not mean his test was fake no more than it means that reports of P3 scratches are fake.

You can not use a screen protector and hope for the results that the review reports or use one and worry about it at all.
Oh, ok. Sorry. wel i would say, buy something (if exists and works) like a scratch remover kit.

Old 05-06-2010, 04:33 PM

DUDE! Be careful if you want to use scrathes removers!!! I'm not certain and you should ask a expert but i think it could affect the touch screen... just ask someone before.