android
Old 05-08-2010, 03:38 AM

Default themes by undeadfinger and blikbier

theme for better or different style for your Creative Zen X-Fi 2
You just to install.

!!!!!Using these themes will void the warranty of your player!!!!
These themes are created by a third party which is in no way affiliated with Creative or AnythingButIpod and due to this it is at your own risk that you use them. Creative or AnythingButIpod cannot be held responsible for any damage this software may cause.

it is tested by blikbier and undeadfinger

If you want to go back to the normal theme then go to creative's site for the original firmware.

and have fun!!!!

i cannot more inject the themes into the firmware, security is updated i am sorry

Last edited by undeadfinger; 04-29-2011 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Fixed warning/disclaimer

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-08-2010, 03:47 AM
X-Fi2 App Master

Look, you cannot just recreate a thread once it's been deleted by a mod. This is not acceptable I'm afraid, we're currently in talks with Creative whether or not this activity should be permitted. If Creative decide that it is OK, then we will restore the original thread. But lucky for you, things seem to be swaying in your favour. Here's what Creative have said so far...

Quote:
Let me talk with other dept's about it. I would say if they modify it, the warranty is broken. As long as they aren't making profits off it then I can't see the harm. If our customers like our gear enough to want to make new skins and themes, I think that is wonderful. They should be aware that the warranty doesnt apply, but if it helps users want to use our products more, great. Let me check with some other people.

Old 05-08-2010, 05:03 AM

As it seems you do not read your messages on the forums (I have yet to see any reply from you on the ones I have sent so far) I will post the circumstances here, translated to Dutch with the help of a member of the forums (English version will be below):

Quote:
Zoals het er nu voorstaat wordt dit als illegaal gezien, omdat het in strijd is met de licentieovereenkomst die je hebt geaccepteerd bij het downloaden van de firmware.

We hebben op dit moment contact hierover met Creative, en de eerste reacties waren positief, dus het lijkt erop dat ze het toestaan zolang de gebruikers weten dat hun garantie hierdoor vervalt. Maar dit is nog niet zeker en we wachten nog op een officiele bevestiging.

Als we die krijgen, zal ik deze thread opnieuw openen, maar wel op voorwaarde dat de juiste waarschuwingen worden vermeld in de eerste post.
Quote:
As it is now this activity is considered illegal as it is a breach of the licence agreement you have to accept for the firmware of the device.

We have a discussion going on with Creative which might turn out in your favor so that they will allow this kind of activity as long as you are aware that it will void any warranties on the device.

If our discussion ends with a permission to do this I will open this thread back up for you as long as the correct information is provided in the first post.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Last edited by Habhome; 05-08-2010 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Better translation

Old 05-12-2010, 01:13 AM
X-Fi2 App Master

OK, you now officially have permission to link to your themes on ABi, this is what Creative have said on the matter:

Quote:
We are pleased that so many of you have taken such a liking to your Zens that you have ventured off to make custom themes and screens. Unfortunately though, our support team has no way of providing support for products whose interfaces/software/firmware have been changed, so please be aware that if you do decide to change the Zen on your own, we will not be able to support it. Because we have seen such an interest in customization, we will look into providing you with more choices for customization on our products in the future. Please feel free to make any suggestions.
Make sure you warn people about the possibility of the themes messing up the player, and that it will void the warranty! Otherwise we may just take it down again. Thanks for your patience.

Old 05-12-2010, 02:29 AM

Talking

thanxs RobertsAccount

Old 05-12-2010, 02:36 AM

void the warranty for you if the normals firmware replace?

Old 05-12-2010, 06:50 AM

I was wondering that too. If you replace the theme with the original firmware, is your warranty still void?

Old 05-12-2010, 08:12 AM

If you update the firmware with any thing not from Creative your warranty is void. You can't "unvoid" your warranty. That being said, that won't be able to really tell if you have or not.
Tower Defense Thread
Zen Lock - Protect Your Zen!

Old 05-12-2010, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThievingSix View Post
If you update the firmware with any thing not from Creative your warranty is void. You can't "unvoid" your warranty. That being said, that won't be able to really tell if you have or not.
True, once it's void it's void. Although as ThievingSix says, unless it completely messes up your player so even a reload of the original firmware doesn't reset it then it is hardly noticeable unless you manage to find some odd bits here and there which shouldn't be, but that'd require CSI-like scrutiny of the device =P

So yes, your warranty is void if you use this and you won't get any support for it and no help if you send it in to them with it loaded on. If you on the other hand reset it with the Creative firmware then, well, if the problem remains then it has probably messed up your player in a way that it is quite hard to fix anyway, so use this at your own risk.

EDIT: Fixed a better disclaimer to the OP.

Last edited by Habhome; 05-12-2010 at 09:26 AM.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:46 AM
X-Fi2 App Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadfinger View Post
No problem
Just wondering, where did the orange theme go?

Old 05-19-2010, 07:55 AM

And why not to do themes on new version?

Old 06-17-2010, 12:38 AM

Wink Themes for zen XFI-2

I was wondering if theres a website that i can find new themes for my Zen XFI-2

Also what are the best video converting settings and audio converting settings

Old 06-17-2010, 03:27 AM

[Merged thread into existing Theme thread, please use the search function before creating threads]

These two themes are the only ones I know about so far, I haven't heard about any other. I haven't tried these as I am very careful about what I put on my ZEN, and if you use any of these and it dies then you have voided the warranty and can't get it fixed. So use them at your own risk.

As for video converting setting check this thread:
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=51598

As for audio, that entirely depends on your wants and needs, but I have heard that high quality FLAC files have been known to experience some lag during playback.

Old 04-23-2011, 12:54 PM

dead link please update thx

Old 04-23-2011, 05:01 PM

Unfortunately I doubt any of us mods have the files, and it seems the original poster has removed them from their online storage, they are also not around anymore from what I can discern, so we cannot ask them for it. There is a very, very slim chance someone has them, but it is unlikely these get uploaded again.

If I can't find someone with the files so I can upload them again somewhere else then I will proceed to lock or maybe even delete this thread.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:30 PM

So are these fabled X-Fi 2 themes lost forever? I've been getting bored of the stock themes and I have been waiting for something like this but there aren't any links at all.......

Old 05-21-2011, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booma420 View Post
So are these fabled X-Fi 2 themes lost forever? I've been getting bored of the stock themes and I have been waiting for something like this but there aren't any links at all.......
I'm afraid so. But to be honest, it is not a big loss, the themes weren't spectacular, just some hue changes on the original icons. I think the tools to create something similar is around the forums, at least for old firmwares. But IIRC you had to be careful with sizes of images, or it could brick the player.

Links:
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=50651
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=51111

Old 05-27-2011, 05:45 AM

"Because we have seen such an interest in customization, we will look into providing you with more choices for customization on our products in the future. Please feel free to make any suggestions"

I hope that is referring to future FIRMWARE, rather than future PLAYERS.

Tags
audio, converting, themes, video, zenxfi-2