android
Old 04-16-2010, 03:13 PM

Default NWZ-A845 UK release - a few specific questions

Hello, I have found this forum incredibly interesting and informative, and as I now desperately need a new Walkman I thought I would enquire about the new NWZ-A845, seemingly just released in the UK with literally no fanfare. This is the one I am thinking of getting, for clarity: http://www.play.com/Electronics/Elec...r/Product.html.

1. Does this one have 'on-the-go' playlists, playlists that can be created and edited whenever, from the device? I know the X Series didnt, and this was a major letdown.

2. Can iTunes be used to transfer tracks to it? I've seen people saying that it can and that it can't, so I'd just like this cleared up. I hate using drag n drop software, as I cannot bear to see tracks transferred with even slightly wrong song titles or without cover arts haha.

3. Is the 'Now Playing' function restored, which was absent from the X-Series? I couldn't believe they took this off when I tried the X.

4. Is the sound quality as good as the X series, worse, or better? I know that somewhat broad but any minor indication would be good, although I'm sure there isnt much between them.

5. If I understand correctly, there is no plan to release the 32GB model in thr UK. If this is the case, has anyone or does anyone know if 32GB models can be imported from Europe or wherever and have complete compatability/functionality etc?

I think that's about it. Above all, would yall actually recommend it over the X-series? i'm sure that's been done to death, but just a simply 'yes/no' is cool.

Thanks a lot!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-16-2010, 04:13 PM

well as far as i know, no current sony players have on-the-go playlists

I believe iTunes will work, since current sony players work with iTunes.

I believe there are some sites which one can order the 32GB A series from, but it is not cheap, but order from an asian pacific site, so the model has to be NWZ-A846.

Not sure about sound quality, I will be checking both out this weekend to see which one sounds better, and can tell you then, but form what I've read, the A series has more hiss than the X.

also build quality has been raised by some for the new A series.

Old 04-17-2010, 04:16 AM

Thanks. i just thought of something else as well: when you put a new batch of songs on the walkman, is there a 'Recently added' option, where you can see the three most recent music updates? My A808 has this, and I always use it.

Old 04-17-2010, 04:24 AM

I believe this feature was removed once the walkmans went drag and drop since my 818 does not have this feature and it kind of ticks me off.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:35 AM

No 32GB model, no sale...

I already have a NW-A729 16GB that's full. No way am I spending 150 on a player that has the same space problem.

Why can't Sony UK comprehend this?

Old 05-15-2010, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgillespie View Post
No 32GB model, no sale...

I already have a NW-A729 16GB that's full. No way am I spending 150 on a player that has the same space problem.

Why can't Sony UK comprehend this?
What is the space problem? Your device is full, is that Sony's fault?

Old 05-15-2010, 06:55 PM

Apparently the A845 has a worse lineout than your a729.. but If you're not going to use it then I guess it's fine. I haven't really tried it so don't keep my word for it. I just read it somewhere