android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen V

Old 05-12-2010, 04:36 PM

Default Zen V Problem - Doesn't start and computer won't reckognize it.

Hey.

I bought an used Zen V Plus 1gb from a friend of mine earlier today. Got home, connected it via usb to my computer, deleted his playlist using WMP and started copying my tracks. As soon as it was completed, i disconnected my Zen from my PC and switched it off/on. I see no songs in the playlist, even though 923 MB's of 1 gigabyte were used.

So, i reconnected it to my comp, open the WMP to check if i did everything right and all of a sudden my mp3 player shuts itself down. I try starting it, but the screen remains black. Try resetting, still nothing. And the computer doesn't seem to recognize it when i connect it.. it won't even start to charge it's battery. What's weird is that it worked just fine right before i connected it to PC to delete/copy music.

Going to leave it connected to my computer for a day or two to see if it helps.

P.S My friend didn't use this player for about 4-5 months before i bought it.

Makaveli.

Last edited by Makaveli#24; 05-12-2010 at 04:36 PM. Reason: typo.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hey, sorry for your woes...I have a Zen V+ ...I notice similar thing happens when battery dies completely.

Solution for me: just leave it charging for 24 hours. That always works for me, at least so far.

If your friend didn't use it for so many months, this could possibly be the issue. There may have been a tiny residual charge when you first plugged it in which could explain why it was detected initially for a few moments.

Edit: Also, make sure you are using a USB port in the back of your PC...on some computers, the USB ports on the front of the case I have found to not provide enough juice to devices like DAPs...

good luck!
-lestatar
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 05-16-2010, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post
Hey, sorry for your woes...I have a Zen V+ ...I notice similar thing happens when battery dies completely.

Solution for me: just leave it charging for 24 hours. That always works for me, at least so far.

If your friend didn't use it for so many months, this could possibly be the issue. There may have been a tiny residual charge when you first plugged it in which could explain why it was detected initially for a few moments.

Edit: Also, make sure you are using a USB port in the back of your PC...on some computers, the USB ports on the front of the case I have found to not provide enough juice to devices like DAPs...

good luck!
-lestatar
Thanks for the reply. Well, it's been connected for about 70 hours now.. lol still nothing.

I'm gonna see my friend tomorrow and ask him if anything like that has ever happened when he used it. Might ask my money back too when i can't find a battery somewhere over here in Estonia (hoping it's only a battery related problem).

Old 05-16-2010, 01:51 PM

whoo, got it to work.

I had to open it up, plug out the battery wire and just plug it back.

I believe this video could help a lot of people over here who have the same problem with their Zen V's.