android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen X-Fi2

Old 05-21-2010, 09:08 PM

Unhappy Star Rating not woking - no stars are shown :-( - is it only me?

Hi, I already posted this in the creative forum, but here seem to be more active X-Fi2 Users :-) I love my Zen, but there is one really annoying Issue, I would like to know if I'm the only person with this problem.
Has anybody managed to make the star-rating of the files show up on the X-Fi2?
I am desperately trying to sync with WMP, Media Monkey, Creative Central...although I have the newest firmware, all tags properly set, no stars are shown on the X-Fi2 :-(
I'm kind of desperate, is there a solution?
Is it only me who is having this problem?

On the old X-Fi it worked .-( I was even able to snyc back the rating....how can this be?
Looking forward to any suggestions...regards!

melbe

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-22-2010, 03:18 AM

You mean that the ratings you have for the songs on your computer isn't transfered to the device?
I'm afraid I won't be of much help here since I don't use the rating feature on my computer nor on my X-Fi2.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 05-22-2010, 03:36 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habhome View Post
You mean that the ratings you have for the songs on your computer isn't transfered to the device?
I'm afraid I won't be of much help here since I don't use the rating feature on my computer nor on my X-Fi2.
Exactly. :-( All the files I transfer to the Zen appear to have no rating on the device. Although I can see in Windows Media Player, Media Monkey,...etc... that they are tagged with a star rating. I deleted all the ID3 Tags,recreated them properly using ID3v1, ID3v2 and both.Nothing. Even in Windows Explorer (I use Windows 7) I can see the ratings. The X-Fi2 seems not the retrieve the ratings from the ID3 Tag, when rebuilding the DB.

Thanks for your quick answer anyway!

I simply can't believe the the X-FI2 doesn't support ratings?
Its a shame, on the old X-Fi everything worked fine
Of course if you rate songs directly on the device they won't be synced back....

Has anybody else maybe any other suggestions?
Thanks a lot,
melbe