android
Old 08-28-2009, 06:25 PM

Default Also having issues with album art...

I got all my albums tagged/cover embedded using MP3Tags and MM. It all works 100% on the Cowon D2+ (surprise!) but I'm having issue on the Sony A729:
A lot of the cover arts simply don't display
In each folder there's an ALB file which shows the cover, not sure what it's doing there.
I'd setup MM to synch with only the art embedded into the tags...

Any ideas..?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-28-2009, 06:30 PM

hmm have you tried moving an mp3 tagged with mp3tag over using just drag and drop and not mediamonkey (MM)?

I've never had issues with album art when I used mp3tag, check the songs that have problems with album art, copy the song from the player then load it in mp3tag and see what the album specs are, I once realized I had 2 album covers and that is why the art was not displayed.

Old 08-29-2009, 04:02 AM

Nah all my albums have just one cover. They're all checked and working... Indeed could be MM I guess, I'll try this, thanks

Old 08-29-2009, 04:25 AM

AH! I found out what was wrong: a lot of my files have more than one album cover. I have no clue why since I always ask MP3Tags to remove previously set covers when I put in a new one, and I'd ALREADY checked every files with MM to delete multiples cover arts... and yet there are still some.
There's no filter option for getting tracks with more than one album cover so I'm stuck with doing this manually for 8,000 tracks... not nice.

Old 08-29-2009, 11:18 AM

I had a feeling it was the double album cover issue, since I also had it on a song or 2 and was not sure what the the problem was.

Old 08-29-2009, 04:39 PM

Only issue now remains getting rid of these double covers... Media Monkey seems to add covers randomly to my files. Not cool.

Old 05-14-2010, 04:02 PM

i also had cover art. as a last resort i tried using 'media manager for walkman' to transfer files,and i've never had a cover fail since. all my music is in itunes,but that's hopeless on sony's despite claims of it being compatible with later walkmans
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/download/wmm_lite

Old 05-24-2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitymuffin View Post
i also had cover art. as a last resort i tried using 'media manager for walkman' to transfer files,and i've never had a cover fail since. all my music is in itunes,but that's hopeless on sony's despite claims of it being compatible with later walkmans
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/download/wmm_lite
I use MediaMonkey and I haven't had a problem with album art as long as I follow these rules:

- Delete all old album art from the song(s).

- Embed the album art into the song's ID3 tag as the front cover.

- Ensure it is a .jpg file and no larger than 240 pixels by 240 pixels.

As long as the album art complies with these rules it displays consistently. What I've noticed with the size issue is that if it is larger it may or may not display on my player.

Also, if you're updating the album art for a song that is already on your player, you may need to delete the song on your player and load the new version. I sync my player with MediaMonkey and I've had a few cases where the updated version wouldn't load on my player because the old version was already there. Deleting the old version on my player solved the problem.

As far as using iTunes with your Walkman, there is a program you can use that will act as a go-between your player and iTunes: Content Transfer (you can download it from the Sony website). When its running, it puts a small window on your desktop that you can drag and drop songs and playlists from iTunes on to your player.

I hope this helps.
MediaMonkey 4
Headphones: Koss PortaPro