android
Old 03-20-2010, 06:42 AM

yes you're right. If someone has the game in english he could send me the card.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-20-2010, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipico View Post
How to convert table caracter into a string ?
I think I had a similar problem, but my problem was that I tried to treat a string as a number value..
I thought a table was already a string? What exactly are you trying to do?
Maybe try tostring(value) ?

Old 03-20-2010, 10:26 AM

Indeed i used to need this.
i found another way
thx

Old 03-21-2010, 03:29 PM

Brett_val Where can i insert a code to catch the text in string?
thx

Old 03-24-2010, 06:38 AM

Hello everybody i 've got some question

First when a player choose 3 for the number of player, if he's mistaken i muste clik twice on 4 to draw the "4 picture". I think it's because i made loops but how can i change this.

Secondly when a player click to enter his name when he finish and click on "ok" i don't know how to come back to the player choice and insert the player name in the right case.

and finally on step 1 when the player clik on the home button it come back to the menu function but nothing react

thank you
Attached Files
File Type: zip Piliers de la terre.zip (4.56 MB, 10 views)

Old 03-24-2010, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Hello everybody i 've got some question

First when a player choose 3 for the number of player, if he's mistaken i muste clik twice on 4 to draw the "4 picture". I think it's because i made loops but how can i change this.
You are right, it's because there were multiple loops.
I tried to edit your loops to make it work, but I couldn't do it.. so I copy pasted some things around to make it all fit in one loop, and I put everything concerning the names-drawing in function drawplayernames()

Quote:
Secondly when a player click to enter his name when he finish and click on "ok" i don't know how to come back to the player choice and insert the player name in the right case.
I think you did it right. So I did not change that. It's also working now.

Quote:
and finally on step 1 when the player clik on the home button it come back to the menu function but nothing react
I think it's important to break the loops when you go to another function. Because if you don't break them, the loop will continue when that function is done. So when you are in step1, call menu(), end menu(), then it will continue to do the loop from step1.

If I do that now, (in step1, click on home button) it goes back to the menu, but i have to press two times before it reacts. I'm not sure why..

I changed three functions:
step1 -only added "break" after menu()
AskName -you were right to add if xd<76 and xd>4 and yd<216 and yd>165 then break end, only you forgot to also add that in the second loop So I put it there too. And also, AskName made the text.color white, and then you couldn't see the text on the player selection screen, because the background is also white I made it change the text.color to black when you exit AskName.
ChoixJoueur -i changed it to be one loop. Also added the function drawplayernames().

Here they are:
Attached Files
File Type: txt functions.txt (7.6 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Brett_val; 03-24-2010 at 01:50 PM.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:34 AM

great job brett thank you so much
but indeed to quit after step i must click twice. Srange!
An other fact when i click on ok after name entered, it makes a move of step 1 just as if i have click on "ok" and then on "valider"

Old 03-30-2010, 05:17 PM

Quote:
when i click on ok after name entered, it makes a move of step 1 just as if i have click on "ok" and then on "valider"
I see what you mean.. I think it's because touch.click==1 was still in the queue.
I'm not sure how to get rid of it, but what worked for me now, was to change touch.click() to touch.down() in function step1(), like this:
Code:
function step1()
	--Initial function calls
	chooseCraftsmen() 
	chooseResources()
	selectCards()
	drawBackground()
	drawFirstCard()
	while 2 do
	    if control.read()==1 then
			if control.isTouch()==1 then
				if touch.down()==1 then --I changed this line. It was touch.click() before.
					x,y=touch.pos()
					checkClick3()
				end
because function ChoixJoueur() also uses touch.down(), and that is because function AskName() also uses touch.down.

It might also help to have all these functions to use touch.click...

Quote:
to quit after step 1 must click twice. Srange!
I really have no idea why that happens, maybe someone else can shed some light on this?

Old 04-05-2010, 05:33 AM

Hello everyone,

Sorry to disturb you, but the game does not seem to work on my Zen, in fact, when I click on the icon, the screen blurs and bug after he answers more and I'm turning it off onbligé

Is this normal?

Thanking you in advance
Conlin

Old 04-05-2010, 05:41 AM

This game is under development, hence the "dev thread" in the thread title.
That means that it is not yet finished and the developer may use this thread to ask people to help him/her with fixing bugs and other things.
So yes, it is normal that it doesn't really work before alpha or beta release.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 04-05-2010, 06:00 AM

Thank you very much for the reply,
and sorry for the inconvenience, I do not know much mid Developing

thank you again
Conlin

Old 04-07-2010, 09:34 AM

Hey guys
I found a problem with all the version with the game, it froze my Zen X-fi 2.
Has this happen to anyone else?

Old 04-07-2010, 10:12 AM

The first version of this app is not relase
please be patient i'm beginner

Old 06-06-2010, 07:33 AM

Default pb image load

hello everyone!! I almost finished my game and the first version will leave soon!! Be patient...

But I have a problem when I test it on my Zen: the reader plants!! I made some tests and I believe that comes from the loading of an image.
I am explained: I placed text which the reader must post, before and after the line "imageX=image.load("Pic/imageX.png")"
The text before is posted but not the text after.

Do you have a solution? It is perhaps because my app has much image. Is there a limitation of size for the file bin or for images?

thank you in advance

Old 06-06-2010, 02:03 PM

Hey! I almost thought you disappeared, great to know that you're still working on it .

About your question; does "plant" mean that the player crashed?
And well, the player has a memory limit, but I don't think you will reach that limit with loading pictures. I think it's 32 MB (or 16MB..?).
As long as the pictures' resolution is under 400x240 it should load it.. Could you perhaps upload the app, so we can have a look at it?

Old 06-06-2010, 02:18 PM

The limit is closer to 32MB I believe. And I've managed to overload it with images when forgetting to close resources in my Black Jack skin exchange, after 7 switches it froze due to memory overload. But yeah, 32MB of pics is quite many if they're low-res.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 06-07-2010, 10:27 AM

I don't disappear !! ^^ I was just busy and maybe i programm as fast as a snail ^^

As regards my app i give it to you to see what's the problem with the zen (because it works with the simulator).

Don't try to understand how the game works because it's not finish yet !! i try to do it as fast as i can.

nipico

ps: i think the problem is with the loading of the image MainMenu.png (line 131)
Attached Files
File Type: zip PDLT.zip (5.63 MB, 8 views)

Old 06-08-2010, 12:36 PM

I think it's a memory issue, I couldn't really find anything else..

When I take out the loading of all the pics from "MainMenu.png" and the ones after that, the app starts. Ofcourse it would crash at the menu screen because the pic is missing, but I replaced that with the Regle1 picture which was already loaded.

Then I noticed that all the "Evenements" pics are loaded twice, at line 28 and also at line 108. After taking those out, it loaded a little further. (Good idea on adding those "loading %" lines )

After some trying around I finally took out some of the pics at the end of the list, and then it loaded.. at this point I've crashed my player about 10 times in a row, with "scanning disk" everytime, so I didn't try any further...
So, I'm not sure where the limit lies of what the player will load, I think it's somewhere around 5.3 MB. Coincidentally, that's also the total size of the data-folder from the Gunz app.

I attached the LUA file that did startup on my player. Maybe you can try to reduce the amount of pics, like those Evenement cards, they appear to be the same but with other text written on them. Or maybe try to reduce the resolution of some pics.
Attached Files
File Type: zip main.zip (20.6 KB, 4 views)

Old 06-08-2010, 02:45 PM

ok thanks i will see...
I keep you in touch

Tags
pilars earth nipico app