android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen X-Fi2

Old 06-09-2010, 07:13 PM

Default Xfi 2 won't turn on .. tried to rma S/N not recognized.. what do i do ??

So my x fi 2 fell outta my pocket the other day and now it won't turn on .. if i plug it into teh puter it turns on but only but thats teh only way. So i tried to contact Creative about warranty and they won't recognize my S/N .. what do i do ??

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-09-2010, 11:30 PM

charge the x fi for a few hours, probably the battery is empty

my device once didnt turn on as well, only when it is plugged into the computer.

i was freaking scared and decided to charge and it manages to turn on again

good luck

Old 06-10-2010, 01:32 AM

I was so hopin it was that i tried that first.. but its fully charged..thanks for teh suggestion though!!

Old 06-10-2010, 02:42 AM

If you're really unlucky it could be a simple case that the fall broke the connection to the power button, or can you still shut the device off after it has been turned on via the computer?
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 06-10-2010, 04:17 AM

Thats whta i think it is because i cant shut ti down after it turns on

Old 06-10-2010, 05:20 AM

Then I'm pretty sure we've found the problem. Don't you think you could get it repaired where you bought it? It sounds like an easy fix. If you're confident you could even fix it yourself I think, though that would definitely void the warranty.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 06-10-2010, 10:57 AM

Yeah i live up north not really an option to get it rewired .. it just sucks that i cant c ontact creative.. they wont recognize my s/n . so i have no idea what to do now.. its only like 4 months old!!

Old 06-11-2010, 03:05 PM

Is there any visible damage from the drop? If so, I'm afraid your warranty is void anyway, if not, it could be that there was a production fault with your player. I dropped my X-Fi2 once and I think it should be capable of surviving an impact, if it wasn't dropped from 10 feet or something else obviously damage inflicting.

If there's no visible damage and you've bought it at some shop you can try to bring it back, but if you have to send it in there is a chance that you will have to pay for the repair. So if the shop can't give you a refund or a replacement, I would try to fix it myself or seek someone who can. Google zen repair, or if you know how to handle electronic devices, try it yourself.

From looking at the Naked X-Fi2 pictures the power button doesn't seem very fixable.. but maybe something has just gotten out of place and you can place it back somehow..