android
Old 04-27-2010, 05:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I heard the touch screen on the BBStorm is kinda... bad. Is that true Techono?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-07-2010, 05:44 PM

I have a T-Mobile Pulse which I can't fault although the camera doesn't even load anymore. It was a rubbish 3mp with no flash anyhow so I was never planning to use it (that's what my digital camera is for!). Can't find any faults with Android and love its capacitive touch screen (I get along well with touch screens since the days of my LG Viewty). Also has an ace net browser you can buy called XScope which lets you download YouTube videos within the browser! Android has all the apps I need for now anyhow, including my fave one for streaming Shoutcast Radio!

http://www.gsmarena.com/t_mobile_pulse-2911.php

Old 05-08-2010, 01:01 AM
Ultra Senior Member

cool phone

Old 05-16-2010, 11:17 PM

I recently got the Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic. It is a very cool phone. Very customizable with tons of features I have not had before in all my previous phones. I like the fact that it is an 'unofficial' smartphone so I get away with paying only $10 a month for unlimited internet, whereas if I had an 'official' smartphone it would be data charges of minimum $25 a month for only 500mb data.
This phone has good sound and is a music player as much as it is a phone. I have loaded a couple of gig of music onto it. You can make as many dynamic playlists as you want.
This phone has been out since last summer, I wish I had got it then with my hardware upgrade instead of the LG Xenon. Anyways great phone that I only paid for new at $200.!
IN ORDER OF CAPACITY: RioS30S 64kb/Sansa e130 512kb/iRiverT10 1gb/Sansa e260 4gb/iAudioU3 4gb*DOA/CowonD2 4gb*SOLD/iRiverClix2 8gb/SansaFuze 8gb/SamsungP2 8/iAudio7 16gb/CreativeZVM 30gb/CreativeZVM 60gb/iPodTouch 64gbgb/iPodVideo 80gb :

Old 05-17-2010, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouss View Post
I heard the touch screen on the BBStorm is kinda... bad. Is that true Techono?
My wife has one, and it is beyond awful - it takes ages to write down a simple text, because you have to press the whole screen, very unpractical.....now she's got an iPhone

Old 05-19-2010, 06:09 PM

Gotz myself one of these:

I believe that the Storm 2 has 4 sensor areas (making it a ton better), but I don't think the screen on the original was horrible, by any means. It was just another way of showing tactile feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gebal View Post
Quick mini quiz here for personal interest:

What is you're preferred phone OS?

Only I see quite a lot of interest in android round here (the route I also plan to take, when virgin finally get some in so I can get a juicy discount!). Mix that with a fair few iphones, and also some symbian.

It would certainly be interesting to see
webOS. Certainly one of the best, if not the best.

A question though; anyone have an n900? I'm curious to see how good it is.

Last edited by weedalin; 05-19-2010 at 06:17 PM.

Old 06-12-2010, 05:47 PM

iPhone 3G

Old 06-14-2010, 11:57 AM
General Audio Moderator

Just switched everyone in the house on a single family plan to save money given we hardly use more than 10 minutes a month but do text... got the the 5230 as a plan extra. It is symbian s60 so i can run a decent amount of apps on it the screen res is nicer than most phones on the market that dont require a data plan to be used on tmobile. Runs scumm vm nicely with speech and sound / music :P.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:30 PM

Nice phone yuki.. I like that phone. I love s60. The only complain I have the 5230 is the text entry. (well tbh I don't like all the text entry of touch screen phones except for android, iphone and HTC branded devices ) s60 is just amazing as long as you're not too lazy to experiment with it

Old 06-14-2010, 11:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuki View Post
[IMG.]http://i50.tinypic.com/2efn5o1.jpg[/IMG]

Just switched everyone in the house on a single family plan to save money given we hardly use more than 10 minutes a month but do text... got the the 5230 as a plan extra. It is symbian s60 so i can run a decent amount of apps on it the screen res is nicer than most phones on the market that dont require a data plan to be used on tmobile. Runs scumm vm nicely with speech and sound / music :P.

hows the touch screen responsiveness and overall speed of the phone??

Old 06-15-2010, 08:22 AM
General Audio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouss View Post
hows the touch screen responsiveness and overall speed of the phone??
It is not bad , it is restive but that is great for me , its works really well with a stylus but as all resistive devices it requires more than just a light touch (but not that it requires to much pressure either). The onscreen keyboard is actually quite quick with both fingers and stylus with minimal effort pushing on the screen. So far the 2 best things besides scumm have been the battery life and the gps with free maps.

Old 06-19-2010, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helmhelm View Post
i'll use the treo approximately for the next two years and will then go for a palm pre. the electronic bay will help me to find one, no matter if palm still exists by then or not...
Palm will still exist; they aren't going to run out of money (their primary problem from before) because they were bought by HP.

Regardless, Palm has a new device coming out this year, and two years from now, that phone will most likely be very cheap (the Pre, an afterthought).

Old 08-28-2010, 02:59 PM

I finally got an Android phone, htc Desire.

Old 08-28-2010, 04:06 PM

I have a dumb (not smart) phone, virgin mobile rumor 2.

Online it said it had an SD card slot and played mp3s so I was hoping I could use it as a DAP, but it turns out it's a micro SD card slot (which I don't have) and it doesn't even have a standard headphone port so .

Old 08-28-2010, 09:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Nokia N900.

Old 08-28-2010, 09:21 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallstar View Post
Sweet phone,..........how it's run for you?

Old 08-29-2010, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Sweet phone,..........how it's run for you?
So far, it's running pretty smooth and fast...but then again I'm moving from a WinMo 6.1 phone. I had an HTC Touch Pro, which wasn't too bad, but the screen was tiny, and it ran an older version of Sense overlaid with Touch Flo, which made it even more sluggish. I'm still figuring out a lot of things on this, but it's awesome! YouTube app seems to be quick to open and the video quality is very good. Haven't put any of my music on it yet to check out the audio playback.

Old 08-29-2010, 04:13 AM
Ultra Senior Member

You didn't try using custom roms on your Touch Pro? Shame, that.

Old 09-01-2010, 06:39 PM

@weedalin: Got the N900 2 days back.. sweet phone .. music player SQ is OK.. kinda comparable to the Clip+ unEQ'd.. camera's a step up from my previous Nokia (E72).. video player is excellent; i have a lot of seminars, lectures, video podcasts and DVD backups (legal ) in various formats (.avi, .wmv, .mp4) and this beast performs like a champ at handling most of the stuff I throw at it .. maemo 5 is a li'l different than what i'm used to (and i've used pretty much every modern mobile OS: symbian s60, UIQ, WinMo, iOS , Android ), sort of comparable to symbian but a lot more intuitive, flexible and extremely customisable.. the best part is how fast this baby is and the web browser.. i move a lot due to work (lived in three different countries in the past 7 months ) and i needed sumthin smaller than my laptop to lug around just for the internet and MS office compatible apps and i believe i've found the perfect solution.. with some tinkering (hopefully soon) i'll be able to install the complete open office suite; the default browser is brilliant, extremely fast and offers a ''proper desktop-like experience'' to put it in Nokia marketing-speak .. so overall quite happy with it and it is an excellent phone; just try it b4 u buy it coz its not really everyone's cup of tea and needs significant setting up to get the most out of it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nokia_N900_with_keyboard.jpg (160.1 KB, 3 views)

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music."

Old 09-01-2010, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallstar View Post
Just curious about the battery life... How long does it last when 3g is turned off so GPRS is the only thing used for background apps and you only activate 3G when you need it (say watching a youtube video or going on the internet..) Thanks