android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Fuze > Sansa Fuze Accessories

Old 04-10-2010, 03:48 PM

Default Are there any good brick & mortar options for purchasing accesories?

Howdy. I just got a refurbished 4 gb Fuze as an early b-day present, and now I'm looking to protect it. I've been browsing Amazon (and there are certainly plenty of options there) but I guess I'm a bit old-fashioned (and most definitely impatient) and I'm just wondering if anyone knows if there are any good options to be had at US retailers (Walmart, Best Buy, etc.). Thanks.

EDIT: Oh yeah, mainly looking for some sort of clip and/or armband type deal for use while jogging, as well as cases.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-10-2010, 04:01 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hey Rufus...from what I have seen BestBuy and Walmart/Target have some decent accessories. If you have access to local/regional electronics/audio shops, I'd check them too...I am in NYC and luckily have access to B&H photo and J&R...Maybe some stores like that for you in Ohio. Also, places like FYE might be ok...

good luck and cheers,
-lestatar
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 04-10-2010, 11:55 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus Burrus View Post
Howdy. I just got a refurbished 4 gb Fuze as an early b-day present, and now I'm looking to protect it. I've been browsing Amazon (and there are certainly plenty of options there) but I guess I'm a bit old-fashioned (and most definitely impatient) and I'm just wondering if anyone knows if there are any good options to be had at US retailers (Walmart, Best Buy, etc.). Thanks.

EDIT: Oh yeah, mainly looking for some sort of clip and/or armband type deal for use while jogging, as well as cases.
It's hard to find Sansa player accessories in actual, physical stores.....at least in my experience. I got my Fuze accessories on Amazon when I had it, the selection was good, and they were very inexpensive.

Old 04-13-2010, 02:00 AM

I wanted to thank you guys for the suggestions. I ended up going with Amazon after all. I just couldn't beat a silicone case, belt clip, and armband for $2.98 shipped. While I like the look and protection of the clear crystal case (and from what I read on here it seems like plenty of people recommend it), the pictures I've seen of it seem to indicate it wouldn't work with an armband rig, and switching cases all the time doesn't really appeal to me.

So I also need a screen protector, and after a quick look-see at Office Depot and Target for generic protectors that turned up nothing that was less than $7, I'm thinking of either going to Amazon again or trying out something I found online, which is buying a sheet of clear vinyl at Walmart and cutting it down, then sealing it on with a drop or two of water. Has anyone tried this? I'm sort of hesitant to get any kind of screen protector with adhesive, and this seems to be a good (and cheap) alternative.

Old 04-13-2010, 04:30 AM

A screen protector is a must. I accidentally dropped my Fuze off a table that's like half a meter high and it got a few scratches.

Here's what I did. I went to FutureShop and got a iPod Classic screen protector. The one I use looks exactly like this:

Then I used a paper trimmer and trimmed the screen protector to the Fuze's screen. It's a really easy and simple way to get a screen protector for the Fuze.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Alex_Prower: Nice! I did similar thing for my Sony E screen...had an extra piece of InvisibleShield lying around from a cell phone install...trimmed nearly perfectly and viola! Instant screen protector... :-)
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 04-23-2010, 08:24 PM

I finally got around to rigging a screen protector for my little guy. I balked at shelling out $7+ for a screen protector in a store then cutting it down, so what I did was dropped in to a Jo Ann Fabrics and got a quarter yard of clear 8 gauge vinyl for 80 cents. Then I measured and cut it down with a box cutter, put a drop of (filtered) water on the screen, laid that bad boy on there and scraped it flat with a credit card.

Plus I have enough vinyl to make about 200 more screen protectors, if it ever falls off or gets too scuffed. There's a little bit of distortion in the image (a sort of very slightly fuzzy sheen), but since I'm not watching video on the thing I don't mind it at all.

Old 04-26-2010, 05:54 AM

I buy the uncut sheets of adhesive "skin" material from a place with a name like "best skins" (I forget the exact name, my wife does the ordering). Used to get the precut skins but now I just use a sharp scissors to trim pieces to go over the display area. No real reason to cover the entire player, and, I prefer the tactile feel of the original backing material on the Fuze. Plus, it's less money this way.

This stuff has to be seen to be appreciated. It's not vinyl -- it's unlike any plastic I've ever seen. Crystal clear, frighteningly tough -- was designed to protect the leading edge of helicopter rotor blades -- and about impossible to damage.

I consider it very cheap insurance for my displays. (And, NO vinyl aroma, which is something I really can't stand on a regular basis.)

I'd be leery of leaving vinyl in contact (or even proximity) to the player for any length of time. The plasticizers in the vinyl can migrate out -- and into the plastic in the player, possibly doing stuff I wouldn't want to happen.

Old 06-18-2010, 02:49 PM
Banned

heres a better option then adhesive skins or cutting ur own out of generics
http://www.bestskinsever.com/sandisk-sansa-fuze
thats probably what your talking about m_k