android
Old 06-22-2010, 06:21 PM

Default favorite player to manage your x-fi/mtp device

Hey guys, I was wondering what do you guys use to manage your music for your x-fi, or any other mtp device? I know a lot of people like songbird or mediamonkey, but personally I use winamp, because it allows you to play the songs on your device; most players I've used(including songbird and mediamonkey), I can only manage the songs on my player, I can't play them. What do you guys use?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-22-2010, 06:32 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I use Mediamonkey Gold. I don't need it to play the songs that are on my MTP Sony players, because all the songs are already on my computer.

Old 06-23-2010, 12:56 AM
Ultra Senior Member

For all my MTP devices, I too use and love Winamp.

Sony E345, old school Zen V+ and 2 really old school Zen Xtra 40GB units are all managed perfectly by Winamp for me.

And while probably a bit heretical given so many MSC/drag+drop users here, I actually find Winamp/MTP combo to be the best fit for me and these devices. Copying to the devices is a right click away and playlist creation/editing is also handled the same way and is a complete breeze.

MediaMonkey Gold is normally my full featured PC music player/library manager. I also use Foobar2K as a small, quickie music player.

cheers,
-lestatar
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 06-23-2010, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post
For all my MTP devices, I too use and love Winamp.

Sony E345, old school Zen V+ and 2 really old school Zen Xtra 40GB units are all managed perfectly by Winamp for me.

And while probably a bit heretical given so many MSC/drag+drop users here, I actually find Winamp/MTP combo to be the best fit for me and these devices. Copying to the devices is a right click away and playlist creation/editing is also handled the same way and is a complete breeze.

MediaMonkey Gold is normally my full featured PC music player/library manager. I also use Foobar2K as a small, quickie music player.

cheers,
-lestatar
I see, I'm glad to see theres another winamp lover :]. I use foobar as well for just listening to on my pc, great lightweight media player.

Old 06-23-2010, 01:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yes, I have been using Winamp for more years than I can remember. It shares duties with MediaMonkey as library manager/full featured player. Indeed, foobar2k is quiet a great small footprint/low resource player.

Have you seen this? Quite a nice roundup re: software music players/media managers...

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archi...re-roundup.php
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies