android
Old 12-04-2009, 11:46 AM

Default Can't transfer music from PC to Spinn

I bought a new Spinn on sale Cyber Monday for $70 from Amazon. It powers on, navigates, and play FM, but I haven't been able to transfer music to it. I tried connecting it to two PC's and it doesn't show up in Win Explore as a device on either of them. I tried both MTP and MSC mode.

Does it sound defective or am I missing something? Do I need to use their iRiver plus 3 software?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-04-2009, 01:20 PM

Did you try the usual steps that should work for most players - hit the reset hole or format the player (if possible via firmware)? Does it show up in Windows device manager, as an USB device?

Old 12-04-2009, 02:34 PM

I expected it to work out of the box so haven't tried any of those yet, but will this weekend. Thanks.

Last edited by bascom; 12-04-2009 at 02:53 PM.

Old 12-04-2009, 03:10 PM

Might also be a faulty USB cable - try another one?

Old 12-07-2009, 02:08 PM

Doh! I now see the Spinn uses the LCD as a touch screen for some commands. I didn't read the Spinn review here closely enough.

After connecting the Spinn to a PC, it displays a screen with two boxes that say
"Power & Data: The charging process starts and you can transfer data" and
"Power & Play: The charging process starts and you can use the product".

You need to touch the first box, Power & Data, and then the Spinn shows up as a drive on Windows Explorer for music transfer with drag & drop. The user manual didn't explain and is poorly written in typical iRiver fashion. Page 10 is the only page I see that even mentions that the Spinn uses a touch screen for some commands.

Old 01-04-2010, 12:27 AM

Your supposed to use iriver Plus 3. First open it, then select the music then click on the red arrow which transfers into your spinn. If you don't have the iriver Plus 3 CD that comes with the iriver Spinn, then you can download it through this link: http://www.iriver.co.kr/plus/p_main.aspx

Old 03-18-2010, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bascom View Post
Doh! I now see the Spinn uses the LCD as a touch screen for some commands. I didn't read the Spinn review here closely enough.

After connecting the Spinn to a PC, it displays a screen with two boxes that say
"Power & Data: The charging process starts and you can transfer data" and
"Power & Play: The charging process starts and you can use the product".

You need to touch the first box, Power & Data, and then the Spinn shows up as a drive on Windows Explorer for music transfer with drag & drop. The user manual didn't explain and is poorly written in typical iRiver fashion. Page 10 is the only page I see that even mentions that the Spinn uses a touch screen for some commands.

ya, it's will disappear when u accidentally touch it. you have to turn off then turn ON to enable the menu again.

Anyone have other method?

Old 06-27-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yega View Post
Your supposed to use iriver Plus 3. First open it, then select the music then click on the red arrow which transfers into your spinn. If you don't have the iriver Plus 3 CD that comes with the iriver Spinn, then you can download it through this link: http://www.iriver.co.kr/plus/p_main.aspx
I have the iriver Plus 3 but never installed it. I prefer using Windows Exlporer for data transfer and don't like installing mp3 software on my PC.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:48 AM

Beware if you want to run the plus3 software it will only recognise the player in msc mode, and once you change it wipes EVERYTHING!!