android
Old 06-28-2010, 09:14 AM

Default transfer music from S545 back to computer

Hi all.

New to this whole thing, so forgive me if I am missing something obvious.

I used itunes to transfer a number of my CD's to my computer. Worked just fine. I then used itunes and Content Transfer to get those music files onto my Walkman. Again, it worked great.

My problem now is, I have erased the music files from my computer, and regardless what I try, I can't seem to get the music that is on my Walkman copied back to the computer.

I have tried to find a way using everything from a simple copy command, itunes, Content Transfer, Media Monkey, WinAmp, whatever.

There has to be something I'm missing, right?

Any help is much appreciated.

By the way, if it makes any difference, most all of the music files are in AAC format.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-28-2010, 09:46 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Are you on a Windows computer or a Mac?

Old 06-28-2010, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Are you on a Windows computer or a Mac?
Sorry, forgot to give that bit of info, didn't I?

I'm using Windows XP.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:00 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Open up a Windows Explorer/My Computer box containing the S545's Music folder first, and then open up another one for the folder you wish to copy the music to. Then, in the S545 box,right-click and "select all", and "copy" and then click over to the other box and right-click and select "paste".

That should start the copying process for you.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Open up a Windows Explorer/My Computer box containing the S545's Music folder first, and then open up another one for the folder you wish to copy the music to. Then, in the S545 box,right-click and "select all", and "copy" and then click over to the other box and right-click and select "paste".

That should start the copying process for you.
Nope. As I said in my original post, I've tried a simple copy and paste command (many times) but it won't work. It is almost as though the files are copy protected or something.

I do appreciate your help, though.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:20 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Are they DRM files? And is it only the AAC ones that won't copy, or will none of them at all?

Old 06-28-2010, 10:25 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
Nope. As I said in my original post, I've tried a simple copy and paste command (many times) but it won't work. It is almost as though the files are copy protected or something.

I do appreciate your help, though.
Don't mind me....I just woke up, so I'm still a little fuzzy in the brain.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:46 PM

Try using Teracopy, a free file copy/move management utility. I've used it at work where I would move hundreds of files (.zips, .rars, media files, big and little builds, directories, etc.). Install it, highlight the files you want to move/copy, right-click drag them to the new folder, then select Teracopy/Teramove in the right-click menu that automatically pops up. Sounds more complicated than how I've written it - I'm an idiot so anyone can do it, trust me

I hope that helps! I haven't copied files back the other way 'round, but hopefully this little utility works for ya. Good luck!

Old 06-28-2010, 11:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalesha View Post
Try using Teracopy, a free file copy/move management utility. I've used it at work where I would move hundreds of files (.zips, .rars, media files, big and little builds, directories, etc.). Install it, highlight the files you want to move/copy, right-click drag them to the new folder, then select Teracopy/Teramove in the right-click menu that automatically pops up. Sounds more complicated than how I've written it - I'm an idiot so anyone can do it, trust me

I hope that helps! I haven't copied files back the other way 'round, but hopefully this little utility works for ya. Good luck!
Whalesha: A bit OT, but thanks as this looks like a nice little free utility I will give a spin at some point.

Hopefully it will help the OP out with their issue...
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies