android
Old 06-30-2010, 12:42 PM

Default Getting Rockbox onto my clip+

I've tried to skim thru the Rockbox : clip+ thread,but it's just too many pages to backtrack,and honestly,I don't know how to go about doing anything. Yes,the download is on the first page,but I'm not sure on whether it's a general one for a particular version or whatsoever. I'm not even sure where to begin ; do I need to install a particular firmware first? Is my clip's version the correct one? My clip+ is version V01.01.05P when I go to settings>system settings>info on the player itself. And if I'm able to put rockbox on my clip,are there any bugs or glitches,like how the micro sd doesn't intergrate,or the playlists func isn't working or something. I need step by step help going about doing this,as I've read thru almost all the threads and thru some of the links a few members provided,but I can't get a thing done.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-30-2010, 12:54 PM

Here's the install part on the manual, I'm not sure you should proceed without reading as much as possible if you haven't done this before and have questions. http://download.rockbox.org/daily/ma...tml#x4-80002.2

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 07-01-2010, 12:18 AM

Well,I think thats the reason I'm asking this question then,since I alr have the installation manual,all I need to know right now is whether my clip is on a suitable firmware/vers for rockbox,and which is the correct one to download,as there are too many that have said theirs is the right one.

Old 07-01-2010, 08:42 AM

Skimming through the Rockbox thread is not a bad idea - new versions tend to address certain issues or bugs, sometimes at the cost of other features, and it can be a matter of loading version 'x' because it fixes one thing or version 'y' because it focuses on a different feature or fix. And Rockbox overall does not (currently) support file i/o and there's a tiny chance that uploading it will brick your Clip+. Which version or feature set you want, and whether or not you even want to load it can best be determined by reading as much about it as you can.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adclancer View Post
I think thats the reason I'm asking this question then,since I alr have the installation manual,all I need to know right now is whether my clip is on a suitable firmware/vers for rockbox,and which is the correct one to download,as there are too many that have said theirs is the right one.
Personally I run the latest stable version on mine and only upgrade when there's a better stable version, but everyone's different.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 07-01-2010, 09:43 AM

how do you find out the stability of each version?

Old 07-01-2010, 09:56 AM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLipster View Post
how do you find out the stability of each version?
Try it and see. At this point though the current build should usually be stable, and if its not, it gets fixed pretty quickly.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:27 AM

I have just always wondered that. I just normally update as often as Dfkt puts out a special build, knowing those are tried and true.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
Try it and see. At this point though the current build should usually be stable, and if its not, it gets fixed pretty quickly.
Sorry,but where can I find the most current,stable build?

Old 07-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Current build link here: www.rockbox.org

Old 07-01-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
Current build link here: www.rockbox.org
Thanks! So the null hardware power off problem is still being worked on at the moment,yea? Will keep checking back on that website till it's considered fully stable then.

Thanks for all the help,I now know where to look.

Cheers.