android
Old 05-19-2010, 10:21 AM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by teo829 View Post
Didn't work. =/ It's still bricked. I also thought about getting the Clip + to try and rockbox' it but I heard that there are battery issues regarding the Clip+ in relation to the SDHC card usage (firmware issue maybe).
What did you actually do that bricked it? Can you post the binary you uploaded, the bootloader you used, etc? I'm not really sure what to try without knowing how it broke.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-19-2010, 10:42 AM
Rockbox Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by teo829 View Post
Didn't work. =/ It's still bricked.
You didn't say how long you pressed the power button: do it at least 30 seconds and plug USB cable in case the battery is empty.

Old 05-19-2010, 02:36 PM

I downloaded everything from this link --> http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SansaAMS

Original Firmware is 2.01.35a. Everything from the bootloader, mkamsboot, to the rockbox build....is under the Clip V2.

Old 06-30-2010, 11:52 AM

can I dualboot rockbox with OF

Old 06-30-2010, 12:02 PM

if you press left button while powering on, you'll boot the original firmware.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEACEFUL1 View Post
can I dualboot rockbox with OF
Yes, you can boot to either firmware as orby described.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 07-02-2010, 10:43 AM

ok I have downloaded clip firmware v2.01.35a and mkamsboot.exe and bootloader-clipv2.sansa and I have made a folder named rbinstall inside the folder it contains m30pa.bin and bootloader-clipv2.sansa and finally the mkamsboot.exe so now I have to open a Command Prompt and type the directory of rbinstall thats been placed in my desktop (can somebody help me for the comment should I have to type C:\Documents and Settings\imousavi\Desktop in the CMD or something else)
After that I have to run the mkamsboot.exe and ..
This is the part that I'm completely confused can somebody help me with it?!

Old 07-02-2010, 11:01 AM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

While that will work, its much easier to just use rockbox utility which will handle almost all of that automatically. If you're confused, I recommend using the simpler method.

Old 07-02-2010, 11:56 AM

ok let me ask a few questions before installing it:
1)do I have to type ./mkamsboot m30pa.bin bootloader-clipv2.sansa patched.bin in the CMD or mkamsboot.exe?
2) So you mean if I type C:\Documents and Settings\imousavi\Desktop without any change in CMD it well work?!
3) Is there any limits or risk in using the last clip v2 firmware?
4) Is there any boot loader that well let OF to be the main OS?

Old 07-02-2010, 12:46 PM

1)do I have to type ./mkamsboot m30pa.bin bootloader-clipv2.sansa patched.bin in the CMD or mkamsboot.exe? First you need to navigate to rbinstall folder

2) So you mean if I type C:\Documents and Settings\imousavi\Desktop without any change in CMD it well work?! Fist point to the rbinstall folder ---> c:\users\user’\desktop\rbinstall once there then run ---> cmd mkamsboot.exe m30pa.bin bootloader-clipv2.sansa patched.bin if it worked, you will get a message like I just got ---> [INFO] Patching succeeded!

3) Is there any limits or risk in using the last clip v2 firmware? Not AFAIK

4) Is there any boot loader that well let OF to be the main OS? No, but you can boot to OF easy if you wish, hold << while booting.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:09 PM

ok, I installed it but after I just turned it on and off a few times to find out how it well boot on OF it went off and it won't turn on agian what should I do?!
and I have to add there is no sandisk service center in my region so please help.
is there any Tcctool stuff for clip?!

Last edited by PEACEFUL1; 07-02-2010 at 01:16 PM.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:23 PM

They couldn't help either, did you try the reset? Hold power button down for 20 seconds

Old 07-02-2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
They couldn't help either, did you try the reset? Hold power button down for 20 seconds
thanks for all your credit and help it worked.
I realy don't no how to thank you!!

Last edited by PEACEFUL1; 07-02-2010 at 03:37 PM.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:34 PM

I'm assuming you got it working, good news

Take your time with it, read the manual, read how to un-install and all about this great firmware. Trust me, you'll be impressed with it over time and I doubt you'll need to un-install it, but it's all good to know.

Old 07-02-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
I'm assuming you got it working, good news

Take your time with it, read the manual, read how to un-install and all about this great firmware. Trust me, you'll be impressed with it over time and I doubt you'll need to un-install it, but it's all good to know.
I don't see any reason to uninstall it. I tried it before on my D2+ for a year but it sounds better on clip I'll keep it till the time that I own my clip.
thanks again.

Last edited by PEACEFUL1; 07-03-2010 at 12:56 AM.

Old 10-29-2010, 12:49 PM

I know someone here made a version of rockbox that enabled usb for the clip +, I dl'ed that and it works great. Is there a version that enables usb for the clip v2? The newest version at rockbox.org has it disabled.

Old 12-15-2010, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JxK
Martin,

Would it be possible for you to compile the clip v2 version of the meier crossfeed you talked about in the arrow thread? And perhaps just a quick run down of how one goes about installing it?
Clip v2 custom build with USB, backlight on key press, Meier crossfeed, permanent sleep timer. Not tested - I have no Clip v2.

Meier crossfeed v2 (more noticeable): r28830M-101214-sansaclipv2 (FS#9305, FS#11042, FS#11304, FS#11577-Meier_v2, FS#11664) - dfkt.zip
Meier crossfeed v3 (more subtle): r28830M-101214-sansaclipv2 (FS#9305, FS#11042, FS#11304, FS#11664, FS#11767) - dfkt.zip

Use the automatic installer to get a working bootloader on the Clip - then just unzip my build to the root directory of the player.

Old 12-16-2010, 03:52 PM
Administrator

Very happy camper here, thank you. My V2 Clip shows no sign of wanting to connect in Rockbox on either a Vista or Win XP machine but that's OK. I was much more interested in the Meier crossfeed patch. The persistent timer scared the heck out of me though. The player kept shutting down. I forgot I had set it to 5 mins. At least it shows it works reliably.

Progweed's tip on how to avoid the database refresh cuts my up and running time to a few seconds. As much as I use Rockbox I still always had left a couple hundred MB free to let the database refresh. Filling the player so that the database can't refresh and then shuts down works perfectly so far. Great win/win situation. I fit another few albums on the player and kill the database refresh all at once.

Old 12-16-2010, 03:55 PM

For the time being, the Clip has to be turned on while connecting to a computer for Rockbox USB to take over - if it's turned off, the stock firmware will try to connect. Not sure if that's your issue, just saying.

Old 12-16-2010, 04:24 PM
Administrator

Tried it every way I know how. On, off, in Rockbox and the OF. Fresh bootloader, old bootloader. Installed this one clean, overwrote the old build, different computers, players and cables. It just won't connect for me. When I check the battery in the debug screen it shows "charging' so the charging circuit working. There's just no USB data transfer.

Something is different. When I connect with this build it take 10-12 seconds to be recognized by the computer rather than 2 or 3. The USB patch works fine for me on the Clip+ and the V2 Fuze, it just won't connect for me on the V2 Clip. I'd think it was the USB bus except it's the same on all three machines I've tried it with. I'll keep playing with it. There may be something really obvious I'm just not seeing.