android
Old 07-12-2010, 08:00 AM
Sub-Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDougal View Post
Okay, I am ready to do this. I just want to confirm my steps. My first step is, on the old XP computer, go into settings and erase all content. Then, on my Win7 laptop, plug my Zune in and re-sync all of my music, but before set reserved space to 0%. I've already downloaded MP3Tag and edited the Muse artist info. MP3Tag fixed everything, it was incredibly simple, and I got all of the artist info correct, let's just hope that now it will sync the pics, bio, and other stuff correctly on my Win7 laptop. And about the reserved space, I have tried setting it to 0%, but that didn't really change anything. Instead of having the Zune software say I have 16GB total (like it's supposed to), instead it says I have something like 12-13GB of total space, I do not know how to get it to say 16GB total.
1) any changes to reserved space settings only affect the device...so I am not sure why Medion suggested that.
2) It will if they're in the marketplace, and the album(s) are linked. In the software, right click an album cover. If you see 'more about this album' then it's linked. You can verify this by searching the marketplace for that album, and viewing the tracks. Correctly linked tracks will say 'in collection' instead of 'buy'
3) You won't get it to say that. Storage space is reported in a funky way. It's binary, but is often reported in decimal terms, so you get a difference because 1024 is close to 1000. It's stupid, and there once was a class action suit about it (against HDD manufacturer's...and they lost and paid out.)
http://gadgetwise.blogs.nytimes.com/...re-vs-measure/

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-12-2010, 08:39 AM
Anythingbutiphone Moderator

Quote:
1) any changes to reserved space settings only affect the device...so I am not sure why Medion suggested that.
He brought up how he had too much reserved space due to having it on two computers. I told him to set it to 0% to offset that if he needs the space for content.

Old 07-12-2010, 09:51 AM
Sub-Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by medion View Post
He brought up how he had too much reserved space due to having it on two computers. I told him to set it to 0% to offset that if he needs the space for content.
Aaahhh. Only the linked PC setting matters, but setting both to zero certainly doesn't hurt, especially if he is relinking.

Old 07-12-2010, 01:32 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Okay, I did all the steps last night. And today, thankfully, it is working properly. I have it set to sync with my Win7 laptop, and all of my Muse metadata (bio, pics, etc.) is synced properly. I used MP3Tag to edit some of my albums with mixed up track names, orders, etc. and it works perfectly. Thanks to both of you for helping me out with this, I really appreciate it!

Retired Devices:
Sansa Fuze 8+16GB Rockboxed