android
Old 06-26-2010, 07:54 AM

Default V1 FUZE shop found

Recently I ordered some quantity (4/8GB) from ecost.com and found they are all V1. I got them at really low price. Be quick before they are gone!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-26-2010, 08:55 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockpicker View Post
Recently I ordered some quantity (4/8GB) from ecost.com and found they are all V1. I got them at really low price. Be quick before they are gone!
My first, last and ONLY experience with ecost was worse than awful. Worst on line retailer I have ever had the misfortune to cross paths with. I would rather pay MSRP than ever have to deal with them again.

I bought a "refurbished" Fuze from them a year ago. When it finally arrived nearly a month later it was used not refurbished. It had someone else music still on it. Not the stock Sansa freebies but over a gig of various tunes. It looked like they got it there by dragging it behind the delivery truck. The screen had deep scratches and the back had some of the rubber missing.

When I tried to address the problems through customer service I was either ignored, treated rudely or lied to. If you check the recent postings on ResellerRatings they seem to be getting worse.

Stay away, Stay far away.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:13 AM

I bought a Fuze Ver 1 from this ebay seller a couple of weeks ago: http://myworld.ebay.com/llittle725/

He's a super guy, has a 100% rating with over 13,000 sales and verified that all of his are Ver 1. He has about 5 left.

Mine arrived in perfect condition and is working well with Rockbox.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:46 AM

Keep in mind that most if not all v1’s found now are either refurb or used.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 06-30-2010, 01:17 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Or maybe new but very very old stock?
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 07-13-2010, 03:21 PM
Banned

mine was NEW from a facebook social store thing, got it last week!!

mertado.com/

if you email them you could request they do a sale of them again, mine came with a NICE carry pouch, lanyard(blah) and the normal earphones/sync cable, the players clearly brand new, not a referb (its in PERFECT condition, not even a fingerprint on it!!!)

Old 07-13-2010, 04:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepCake View Post
mine was NEW from a facebook social store thing, got it last week!!

mertado.com/

if you email them you could request they do a sale of them again, mine came with a NICE carry pouch, lanyard(blah) and the normal earphones/sync cable, the players clearly brand new, not a referb (its in PERFECT condition, not even a fingerprint on it!!!)
Did it come in the OEM packaging? If not, it would be considered refurbished.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:34 AM
Banned

no, actually companies also sell bulk, white box versions of their products, At least every company I have delt with or worked for that made electronics has.

Worked for Sharp for a while and we shipped a hell of alot of "white box" caculators to businesses and schools, they where still inventoried as retail products(for warranty prepossess) but they weren't in the retail package.

Hell, a computer shop I worked for once bought a case of OEM (white box) creative mp3 players(those little ones that where like a usb stick that plugged into a AAA batt holder to power them) got them direct from creative for a good price, resold them, creative gave them a full warr, only bad thing was they shipped the players and headphones/extras in seprate boxes and the extras(headphones and such) where just tossed into the box no orginization at all......sure they where wrapped but it was still a chore deviding them out b4 we could box up the players for sale(they sold like mad, it was truely insain...and they sucked to boot LOL)

but yeah, mine at least was new, and its quite likely there are alot of overstock old stock v1's out there still.

and if you mean OEM packaging as in the plastic sleve thing, yeah, unlike my last 3 referbs it was in the plastic cover my retail one came in, the last 3 referbs i got where just wrapped directly in foam or bubble wrap or the like, this was in the same sleve(for lack of a better term) that the new units come in, Im waiting on my BSE before I start actually using it much, its black so it shows fingerprints like nothing else, and i also dont want it getting any scratches/marks, my silver fuze got dropped on pavement and has a few minor scratches that really bug me.......but OCD about that...like my stuff to stay in excellent condition!!!