android
Old 07-07-2010, 11:31 AM

Default Zune Pass billed Erroneously

lol I am really getting tired of the ZHD/Zune Pass. About 2 weeks ago I canceled my Zune Pass seeing how I planned on sending my ZHD into the repair center again (locks up on the "Done" screen when syncing doesn't fully sync content and occasionally won't power up, already tried troubleshooting with tech support with no luck)

Even though my Zune pass had been canceled two weeks prior to being billed again, I still got charged for the next month of Zune Pass service at first I figured it was a mistake and would disappear off of my account (which was still an annoyance) seeing how it was still a pending charge. The charge is now fully posted to my account as of yesterday even better is the fact Zune Marketplace thinks my Zune Pass has expired and a day prior to the charge going through I received an e-mail from Zune stating my Subscription had expired... Thanks M$ for stealing my money.

To top it all off it appears my ZHD dock is pretty much dead. At first it stopped allowing me to play videos through it (about a month ago) which is about the same time the Zune started acting up. At this point the ZHD dock won't even allow me to play music through it. I originally figured it was the ZHD itself but when I dropped the ZHD into my old ZK501 it started playing music w/o a problem... Now I get to have several lengthy phone calls with Zune Support ^%@#

Stereo: KEF iQ90's, KEF iQ60c, KEF iQ30's, 10" Velodyne

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-08-2010, 05:36 PM

I swear the same thing happened to me last year. Was going overseas for a couple of months and decided to cancel it, and when I got back and checked my bank statement, turns out they took $44 for 3 months of zune pass anyways. I originally thought it was my fault for cancelling it late, but if other people are having the same problem, it must be an error with the system.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:21 PM

sooo....you called MS right?

Old 07-12-2010, 02:32 PM

I think they charge for the next cycle after you cancel. Like I cancelled a week ago, but it says I can play the Zune Pass stuff until August 2nd, which wouldn't make sense unless they planned on charging me.

Old 07-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Md23Rewls View Post
I think they charge for the next cycle after you cancel. Like I cancelled a week ago, but it says I can play the Zune Pass stuff until August 2nd, which wouldn't make sense unless they planned on charging me.
No - billing is forward looking. If your billing date is July 2nd, and you cancelled on July 5th then you can play Zune Pass content until August 2nd and you won't be billed any further.

Cheers, Dave.

Old 07-12-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMac-MS View Post
No - billing is forward looking. If your billing date is July 2nd, and you cancelled on July 5th then you can play Zune Pass content until August 2nd and you won't be billed any further.

Cheers, Dave.
Ah, OK, that makes more sense. Thanks, Dave.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:03 AM

Yes like Dave said it was apparently their forward billing...

Stereo: KEF iQ90's, KEF iQ60c, KEF iQ30's, 10" Velodyne

Old 07-19-2010, 01:23 AM

UPDATE: Looks like I have been charged erroneously as well, following my cancellation. I was cancelled in early July and was charged on the 16th. I'm not quite sure what the screw-up is--perhaps something to do with the free trial(?)--but it's slightly annoying.

Old 07-19-2010, 02:42 AM
Anythingbutiphone Moderator

Sometimes billing errors are just that, errors. Calling customer support SHOULD get you a refund. I was erroneously billed once by MS, and unfortunately, it took multiple calls and 3-4 months to get my money back.

Worst case, tell them you'll issue a chargeback. Then, call your credit card company, and issue a chargeback for that charge. You get your money back, and the biller gets a small fine from Visa/MC/AMEX/Discover. When enough of these fines stack up, it's a VERY strong incentive for a company to fix billing "errors."