Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
I disagree.
What do you like about the Sony UI ?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-07-2010, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgb52 View Post
Sony MP3 players allow browsing by letter shortcuts. If, however, one rockboxes one’s Sansa, the advantage goes to SanDisk.

Old 07-07-2010, 10:32 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgb52 View Post
Well, going by the assumption that this thread refers to the UI of the Fuze, which I was....
1. the black background of the Sony UI is easier on the eyes.
2. my 2 Sony's both have alarm and sleep timers, and as I recall, the Fuze does not have an alarm, just a sleep timer.
3. as Enigmatic references in the previous post, the alphabet browsing shortcut is quite nice.
4. Sony has the Clear Bass enhancement, and the custom EQ works better than that of the Fuze. Also, you can save two custom EQ settings.
5. The Sony's that I have, there is no silly iPod-esque scroll wheel.....there are buttons for everything, most importantly a dedicated volume control(which the Fuze really needs).
6. While not part of the UI, per se, my Sony players(regardless of their 5mW/ch claim for output power) pump out more power than Sansa players. With some headphones, that doesn't make a difference, but it sure can with others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
Sony MP3 players allow browsing by letter shortcuts. If, however, one rockboxes one’s Sansa, the advantage goes to SanDisk.
I would say, then, that the advantage should be attributed to Rockbox, not Sansa.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:07 AM
Banned

ah but Marv, if you get a sony, you get sony support, and from my MANY years of tech experience, I would rather close my nuts in a cardoor with my psyco ex at the wheel......it would be less painfull then trying to get them to give you an rma or any kind of real help.