android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen X-Fi2

Old 09-27-2009, 07:47 AM

Olley,

That sounds exactly like my Zen x-fi (32GB). The dj function is the same, the x-fi function is the same, so are the icons and themes. The movement looks laggy, like on my zen..but its not laggy. It just looks like that.
One fail in my eyes is the worser screen.. why did they change it back to a minimal color section? It just doesnt make any sence.. still im very interested in this player, because i really enjoyed (and still am) my Zen x-fi..its a great player. Especially if your in it for the music and video.. Mainly i use mine for the music.

Never used the SD card option..but the external speaker i use every day. Its great for sharing music in a room, at a party or just when you hang around with friends (outside too)..

So the only thing that takes me away from ordering this player, is if they improoved the speaker (or havent changed it). If the speaker is the same.. i guess that would be alright. If they made it more quiet..then thats the final no no.

So Olley, whats the speaker like?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-27-2009, 08:27 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Without your other player to compare it to I don't know. Compared the other players I own with speakers, this is one of the best. Obviously no bass, and you have to slide the volume up pretty high, but the audio from the speaker is fairly clean. Options in the major apps to turn it on. Well integrated in other words.

Old 09-27-2009, 02:08 PM

Wow, thats good to hear! THe speaker of the x-fi was one of the best things of the device :P
I hated the buttons, but i guess i dont have to worry bout that with this one :P

Also, is the touchscreen a multi-touch?

Last edited by Pikachuy; 09-27-2009 at 02:51 PM.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:03 PM

Simple question: so compared to my (sadly dying) Vision M, is this better? Or should I just go on ebay or such and buy another Vision M (lasted me ~4 years...).

Other question: is it easier to use this one as a portable drive compared to V:M?

Old 09-30-2009, 12:07 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I've never used a Vision M, so I can't answer if he X-Fi2 would work better. The 2 does let you dump any file you want onto it, although there is no file browser on the device itself.

Old 10-23-2009, 02:50 PM

Here's my opinion on whether to buy the new X-Fi2 or buy another ZVM.
The main advantage that I see with the X-Fi2 is the larger screen. If you plan on watching movies on it (e.g. on flights) then it is much better than the ZVM.
If your main use is listening to music, then I'd say the ZVM is better. The ZVM has the customizable shortcut button (which I always set this to Album of the Day), the volume slider, the play/pause and the previous/next song buttons. So you can change tracks or adjust the volume with one click. With the touch screen you always have to press the screen to wake it up, and then you have to fiddle with the small volume slider. And I miss the shortcut key! Navigating with the touchscreen definitely takes some getting used to, but it's not too bad.

Some other selling points for the X-Fi2 - the built in speaker is nice, and it is very thin which is definitely an advantage over the beefy ZVM.

One thing I did notice that bothered me about the X-Fi2 was I copied a bunch of videos onto the player using Windows Explorer, and then when I tried to play if on the X-Fi2 it said it couldn't play the video. When I transferred them onto the X-Fi2 using Creative Centrale it converted them and I was able to watch them fine. This isn't very cool, the ZVM would tell you before you copied the videos (using Windows Explorer) if they needed to be converted. I don't like having to use Creative's (crappy) software.

Old 10-23-2009, 03:10 PM

X-Fi2 = Jump on the touchscreen bandwagon.

It would have worked better with buttons. Buttons that weren't like crap, to add onto that (Oh X-Fi why did you have such awful buttons? And why did you break after 6 days?).

Creative need to learn their market.

Old 12-06-2009, 12:58 PM

Well I'll get mine by next week ordered the 16GB version.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:20 AM

Default next button

the player is nice i like it i got the 64 GB option

here is what i miss the shortcut button and the back and next buttons!!!!!

why becuase i usually use my player inthe car y kinda of hard to use the touch when ur drive the player would kick ass if it had this options !!!!!

the should implement something like that onthe button so we can add a short cut.

the only option i see oput there with big space are the zune 120 and zen fi2 and mmm i dont know of any other above 64GB that its not ipod. any ideas?

am not really interested in a touch screen that much as long as it has a big space aboive 64 and has back and next buttons an hopefully a short cut button as welell to be able to access the play random all