android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2010, 12:55 PM

Default How to put an application onto your device.

Since this question arises over and over again I have decided to just make a sticky thread with instructions and hope people bother to read it before asking about it.

So here are the steps:

Steps:
1. Download the attachment which should be located in the first post of the application's dev-thread.
2. The file you get will be a .zip file (A compressed folder). To get the actual game folder you use an extracting software such as WinRAR or 7-Zip to extract it from the .zip. (Some people have encountered issues with WinRAR where they get a single odd file instead of a folder, if this happens you need a newer version of WinRAR or you use 7-Zip)
3. From the previous step you get a folder containing the application data. The next step is to place this folder in the "Applications" folder which is located in the Root of your device's file system. (If you cannot find such a folder you need to upgrade to the newest firmware)
4. Close everything down, unplug your device and start using the application.

Example:
I want to download Paradise Slots so I go to the thread:
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=54714
Below the screenshots (not in every application thread) I press the link "Paradise Slots v1.1.zip". I save the file on my hard drive. I right-click on it and press "Extract to..." and set the destination as the "Applications" folder on my X-Fi2. After it finishes I close down WinRAR and the file explorer, unplug the device, starts it and uses the application.

Simple as that.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]