android
Old 07-14-2010, 02:43 AM
Rockbox Developer

Reading from the Fuze or writing to the Fuze?

Writing to the Fuze is expected to be slower, in current builds every byte written is read back to double check that it was written correctly.

This should be removed in some time in case nobody did see the "sd: verify failed" panic.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-14-2010, 11:22 AM
Banned

writing to, and that makes sense, for now I will just use the OF to load the fuze when i got alot to move

Old 07-23-2010, 04:50 PM

How do I download the new firmware?

Old 07-23-2010, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_headshot View Post
How do I download the new firmware?
http://www.rockbox.org/download/

Old 07-23-2010, 11:31 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepCake View Post
writing to, and that makes sense, for now I will just use the OF to load the fuze when i got alot to move
It still loads music faster than my Sony S545 or E345 players.....they must have really slow internal flash memory.

So I'm quite content to bypass the Sansa firmware....not like I'm loading the player very often from empty.

Old 07-24-2010, 06:25 PM

Epic smh @ myself. All this time I had been using the OF to copy files over.

Old 08-09-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post
FWIW, Fuze v2 8GB with 16GB microSDHC card, RB build 26906-100618 has been extremely stable for me. Only 2 crashes in 10 days. All music is mp3 v2 LAME or better...

I am also using a V2 and it has been very stable.

But, I just got a couple of 16 Gig SD cards for it, and the "refreshing media" message from the OF after USB x-fer is a long LONG pain in the kiester.

Any noises as far as Native USB for the V2?

(I just moved from an E270 to the Fuze, and am still getting up to speed on it)

Old 08-09-2010, 07:20 PM
Banned

to speed up your OF refresh, clean your tags up, use mp3 tag and have it remove all but
ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1 tags, they work best according to many post on the sansa fuze forums(over at sandisk.com)

it works, i went from up to 15min to refresh to under 3!!!

Old 08-10-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EggyCuppy View Post
to speed up your OF refresh, clean your tags up, use mp3 tag and have it remove all but
ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1 tags, they work best according to many post on the sansa fuze forums(over at sandisk.com)

Cool tip. Am DL-ing mp3 tag now. Thanks!

Old 08-10-2010, 02:13 PM

I'm messing around with mp3tag for the first time... any hints on the methodology for removing all tags but a specific tag type?

Quote:

Old 08-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Banned

i dont have mp3tag on my work system but i know its in the advanced settings/options u can choose what kind of tags to strip and what kind to save/use, I found the guide how to do it on the sansa forums, its not hard, just a few check boxes, just cant remember what boxes to check and uncheck.....

Old 08-10-2010, 02:45 PM

Yeah. I found the check boxes in Options wherein you say which kind of tags to read and which kind of tags to write... but that doesn't change the tag of
anything. I tried 'saving' the tag of a selected file, as well as exporting and then importing, after making the option settings.

Right now I'm trying a 'cut', which is counter intuitive, but appears to be working.

Thanks!

Quote:
i dont have mp3tag on my work system but i know its in the advanced settings/options u can choose what kind of tags to strip and what kind to save/use, I found the guide how to do it on the sansa forums, its not hard, just a few check boxes, just cant remember what boxes to check and uncheck.....

Old 08-11-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natabus View Post
But, I just got a couple of 16 Gig SD cards for it, and the "refreshing media" message from the OF after USB x-fer is a long LONG pain in the kiester.
I bypass this by holding the power switch in the off position for as long as it takes to shut off. That's shorter than the refresh. I do this on both V1 and V2 Fuzes and V2 Clip.

It seems to me that this risks corrupting the file system on the device, but so far I have not had any evidence of that. YMMV. Use at your own risk...

(On my e280 it used to take 5 minutes.)

-hank

Old 08-11-2010, 09:58 AM
Administrator

You shouldn't need to force a shut down on either the V1 Clip or Fuze. If you have a current build installed it should connect directly from the Rockbox firmware and return to that once you disconnect. I never see a refresh screen on a V1 device.

Old 08-11-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
You shouldn't need to force a shut down on either the V1 Clip or Fuze. If you have a current build installed it should connect directly from the Rockbox firmware and return to that once you disconnect. I never see a refresh screen on a V1 device.
Yes, that's one of the benefits of USB support for Rockbox (and one of the reasons I'm really appreciative of the efforts of the Rockbox Devs.) Of course, I've been running Rockbox on my V1 Fuze for far longer than it has had USB support.

Old 08-11-2010, 03:29 PM
Administrator

I was just wondering as you included the V1 Fuze in the devices where you do a forced shutdown.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankB View Post
I bypass this by holding the power switch in the off position for as long as it takes to shut off. That's shorter than the refresh. I do this on both V1 and V2 Fuzes and V2 Clip.

Tags
ams rockbox, usb support, v1 fuze