android
Old 06-29-2006, 01:20 AM

Default Converting the Format is optional, or not?

Below is a copy of a message I left with Creative.

I just started trying to move video files to my new Zen Vision: M. On occassion, the Media Explorer tells me that the video format is not supported (even though it is in Windows Media Player) and that the file has to be converted. Sometimes it says certain files can be played, and Converting the Format is optional.

The first file I converted and played locked up at the end of the video. I have as yet to retry this, as I had to use the pin in the hole technique to restart the player! Other files made odd noises. These sounds went away when I converted them. Another set of videos only had sound out of the right headphone. They normally are stereo when played on PC. Even when I converted these, they only had sound on the right side. PlaysforSure is not happening!

With the included video converter, there are three options for conversion. First, Best Quality (longest conversion time), second, Good Quality, and last Optimal File Size. Then I compared the file sizes. I don't understand the 1 pass and 2 pass part. Is this for sound or video? I also wished that I had the 640x480 option. All output is 320x240. I don't have the adaptor for video out, so I suppose it doesn't matter for now. I did find this link:

Creative Video Support

Thanks Creative for that help.

I am not that upset, yet. But, I do wish there was more explanation on how things should be set up for the player. I do enjoy figuring some things out. But I don't want to waste too much time with every other file I load into the device. Especially when the software and hardware are giving me conflicting info. I hope this is a firmware issue that can be quickly resolved. If anyone who reads this has any advice or workarounds please reply.

Thank you,
Orbit8

Last edited by EnzoTen; 06-29-2006 at 05:53 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-29-2006, 02:19 AM

just quickly, use the quote box next time, so the text doesnt trail off the side of the page .

and for the other stuff, it sounds like the fault is with the fiels, not with the software or the player its-self.

where are they from? are they copied/ripped/burnt DVD movies? legal downloads? illegal downloads?

Old 06-29-2006, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrax
just quickly, use the quote box next time, so the text doesnt trail off the side of the page .

and for the other stuff, it sounds like the fault is with the fiels, not with the software or the player its-self.

where are they from? are they copied/ripped/burnt DVD movies? legal downloads? illegal downloads?
I can say that they have the variety and consistancy of the typical mp3 downloads. That is to say, I don't know what the last person who had the file did to it. Some may be altered, but it seems that WindowsMedia player worked around the issues. Maybe codec or other limitations keep Zen Vision:M from being able to hand the issues. I have done a Good Quality convert, single pass and the problems seem to go away.

Old 06-29-2006, 03:46 AM

wait a sec, mp3 videos.......gah?

Old 06-29-2006, 05:19 PM

Default Types of files converted

I am sorry if I confused you Atrax. The types of files are all the ones supported by the ZVM. I just used mp3 music file sources as an example.

Your question was my sources. I download from lots of places. I don't know if all or legal or not. That was just my way to say that most people get files from people who get files from people who don't know how to create files to share. Therefore, you get crappy files that are not what they say they are. Or, you get files that are incoded in a sloppy way.

But you did help answer my question. There are not many sites that have good downloads for video. Perhaps now with the ZVM, that will change.