android
Old 08-14-2010, 11:09 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Default Rockbox for Fuze v2 stable enough for everyday use?

The title says it all...I am going to pick myself up a Fuze v2 when I get the money, and I saw that on the Rockbox website it's listed as unstable with the Fuze v2. Is Rockbox stable enough for everyday use on the Fuze v2? What bugs will I experience? Does Rockbox support sync yet?

Retired Devices:
Sansa Fuze 8+16GB Rockboxed

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-14-2010, 01:12 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDougal View Post
What bugs will I experience? Does Rockbox support sync yet?
http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SansaAMS#Port_Status

Old 08-14-2010, 01:24 PM
Ultra Senior Member

McDougal: My own real world v2 Fuze Rockbox results: 4 minor blips/hiccups/crashes in 2 months, with daily usage. All resolved by long slide and hold [reset] of the Fuze.

Since I have installed rb on my Fuze, I think it has been amazingly stable. The 4 incidents above could have been caused by anything and in fact, 2 of them were probably my own fault [accessing the menus/selecting things too quickly].

Verdict: IMHO, to answer your question, absolutely. I am using an older build though, r26906 and do not plan to upgrade until the stable release is issued, especially the one with USB support so I can kiss the OF goodbye for good. :-)
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 08-14-2010, 01:43 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Thanks everybody for the replies. @saratoga, thanks for the link, I will take a look at it. @lestatar, that seems like there are almost no bugs in the release you are using (besides the 4 ones you described), and I'm glad that it is stable enough for everyday use. I posted in the Rockbox forums asking when the official release will be, and they said a couple of months, so it looks like if I buy mine within a couple of weeks, I should be perfectly fine. I was originally going to sell my old e270 on craigslist, but it looks like nobody's willing to buy it from me. Anyway, I've almost saved up enough money now, I think I will be ready to get one in two weeks. Thanks for the info!

Retired Devices:

Old 08-14-2010, 02:08 PM

Quote:
... I was originally going to sell my old e270 on craigslist, but it looks like nobody's willing to buy it from me. ...
A good friend of mine sold his e260 on ebay for $50.00 in less than a week not long ago, worth a try ...

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 08-14-2010, 04:20 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Thanks for the advice, maybe I'll give ebay a try. And for $50? I'm surprised they were able to sell it for that much when you can buy one on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Sansa-...1820744&sr=8-1) for the same price. I'll give $40 a try first. And did your friend say how much it cost to sell it on ebay? I know there's a selling fee, same for Amazon, unlike craigslist which is free.

Retired Devices:

Old 08-15-2010, 10:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post
McDougal: My own real world v2 Fuze Rockbox results: 4 minor blips/hiccups/crashes in 2 months, with daily usage. All resolved by long slide and hold [reset] of the Fuze.

Since I have installed rb on my Fuze, I think it has been amazingly stable. The 4 incidents above could have been caused by anything and in fact, 2 of them were probably my own fault [accessing the menus/selecting things too quickly].

Verdict: IMHO, to answer your question, absolutely. I am using an older build though, r26906 and do not plan to upgrade until the stable release is issued, especially the one with USB support so I can kiss the OF goodbye for good. :-)
the bug I found was fixed long ago, I can say all current builds (since you helped me track down the bug's build number) have fixed the problem, Infact in a few cases, Its fixed a number of problems, one being volume level issues, You may want to make a backup of your current rb install and try the latist builds

Old 08-15-2010, 12:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EggyCuppy View Post
the bug I found was fixed long ago, I can say all current builds (since you helped me track down the bug's build number) have fixed the problem, Infact in a few cases, Its fixed a number of problems, one being volume level issues, You may want to make a backup of your current rb install and try the latist builds
Agreed!

Old 08-15-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the advice, maybe I'll give ebay a try. And for $50? I'm surprised they were able to sell it for that much when you can buy one on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Sansa-...1820744&sr=8-1) for the same price. I'll give $40 a try first. And did your friend say how much it cost to sell it on ebay? I know there's a selling fee, same for Amazon, unlike craigslist which is free.
I didn't ask, but I'm sure it's not much, been awhile since I've sold anything there so I can't remember. I'd think it would sell quick for $40, I keeping mine ...

* apologies to others for the off topic

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Last edited by WalkGood; 08-15-2010 at 01:41 PM.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:40 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Thanks for the info! I will look into selling it at ebay today. And no problem about getting off topic, I do it all the time .

Retired Devices:

Old 08-15-2010, 03:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for the info! I will look into selling it at ebay today. And no problem about getting off topic, I do it all the time .
topic? there was a topic?...