android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Insignia > Insignia Pilot

Old 04-04-2009, 10:20 PM

Default Screen dead, need keystrokes for internal memory erase & initialize.

I've had my Pilot for a while and dropped it more than once. The screen is senile and only works when it feels like it (usually when it's close to out of battery), but everything else works fine. However, I recently disconnected it wrong from the computer or something, and caused it to register no songs when it's on, but show them all when it's hooked up. This is usually no problem, as the screen will eventually have one of its flashes of "oh, right, I'm a screen" and show long enough for me to erase and initialize it. However, this time, it had a full charge when I discovered the problem, and really has no way of just staying on without songs to play (I can't change the settings to never automatically turn off either).

So, my question to you:

Can any of you owners with screens that work record the sequence of keystrokes necessary to erase and initialize mine? That's really the only way I can fix it now.

Thank you,
Incen

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-05-2009, 12:23 AM

Start with unit powered Off. Press and hold the Menu button. Slide and hold the power to On. Wait a few seconds and release both. A working screen would display "Erase Internal Memory". Press Down, then press Select to choose "Yes".

This works even when the pilot is fubar and refuses to reset.

Last edited by AnitaBath; 04-05-2009 at 12:24 AM. Reason: typos

Old 04-05-2009, 07:32 AM

Default try reformatting if all else fails..

If AnitaBath's suggestions doesn't work, connect to your pc and reformat as you would for any external drive. You'll lose everything you have in the Pilot but it will restore it to it's former glory.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:35 PM

Hi all

My Insignia has been dying lately. Either it just freezes up so you can't change the radio station or the song, or it just shuts off. I bought a new battery, but I'm having the same problem.

Do I need to do the total internal memory wipe, referenced above, or something else.

Seems like something must be draining the battery, because it appears that the new one is already dead. I used it for a couple hours last Wednesday (it was locked on 1 station). Now I can't turn the player on.

Thanks for any help.

Tags
dead screen, erase, initialize, keystrokes