android
Old 07-09-2010, 04:16 AM

Default m3u Playlists

I just got a new iAudio 9.
It is in the MSC mode.I do not want to use any sync software.
I have copied mp3 files in several folders onto the player.
Now I want to create m3u playlists.
I connect the player to the computer, create the playlist files and save them in the player's memory. I disconnect the player and turn it on. All of the playlists that I have created are visible in there but none of them work. When you open them some of them are just empty, and some of them show some weird stuff. In the latter case all navigation through the played gets corrupted and I have to turn the player off/on (sometimes for several times) in other to get the navigation back.
I connect the player back to the computer and check the playlist files. Most of them are now corrupted.
The firmware is 1.14
The corruption occurs to the playlist files only. Any other files mp3,ogg,txt remain OK.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-10-2010, 01:34 PM

I don't use playlists, but maybe this can help here since it works on the s9. I once did organize some folders by genre for a party but never stopped using my artist/album folder structure.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 07-13-2010, 09:30 AM

I have tried this. But it did not work.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:04 AM

Was only a suggestion, hopefully someone else can help, I haven't made a playlist since I switched to msc years ago ...

Old 07-28-2010, 10:53 AM

Was just about to post a question about this. Hard to believe that they support MSC mode, but not simple M3U playlists. That might be the reason I don't get one.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GumbyX84 View Post
Was just about to post a question about this. Hard to believe that they support MSC mode, but not simple M3U playlists. That might be the reason I don't get one.
Like I said, I don't use playlists but AFAIK you need to run MTP to use .m3u playlists and yes this player can run in MTP, so I don't doubt that it can use playlists. You might want to read more about playlists here.

Old 07-28-2010, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
Like I said, I don't use playlists but AFAIK you need to run MTP to use .m3u playlists and yes this player can run in MTP, so I don't doubt that it can use playlists. You might want to read more about playlists here.
I meant support M3U playlists in MSC/UMS mode. I have a Mac and use iTunes, so MTP is kinda out of the question. XJNB doesn't support iTunes purchases or playlists. The app I use (iTuneMyWalkman) does, but only supports UMS.

Wait. The post you linked to earlier says the S9 supports m3u playlists. Everything I have read says otherwise. Would this be a non-publicized feature? Also, would it apply to the iAudio9l........

Last edited by GumbyX84; 07-28-2010 at 02:03 PM.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GumbyX84 View Post
Wait. The post you linked to earlier says the S9 supports m3u playlists. Everything I have read says otherwise. Would this be a non-publicized feature? Also, would it apply to the iAudio9l........
Yeah, it seems so. And the i9 played all my AAC (m4a) files just fine, although it doesnt appear in the list of supported file types.

Old 07-29-2010, 06:55 AM

Can anyone using the iAudio9 (in MSC mode) just throw a simple M3U playlist on there and see if the player recognizes it? I seriously need to know before I buy it. Not sure if I will be able to return it if it doesn't work without issue.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:31 PM

Thought it best to post here, rather than making another similar thread.

I am trying to decide whether to buy a Cowon J3 or the iAudio 9.

I want to be able to make playlists, I promised myself I would never buy another MP3 player that couldn't make playlist (after all the trouble I had with my last one), but I love both these players and want to buy one.

Okay, I read that very technical and detailed .PLA in MTP mode post and miraculously I understand the original post, but it seems by the end of that thread, more problems occurred and that fix doesn't really work with the J3.

Two questions: Why does everyone dislike MTP mode? Isn't it just an easy way to treat your player like a bunch of files? Why use MSC mode at all?

And... Is there any successful method figured out to make playlists for either the J3 or iAudio 9?