android
Old 09-08-2010, 01:07 PM

Default Backorder Procedures?

Hi all, I know this is a young forum, but I am hoping somebody might know how SanDisk runs their backorder system. I ordered a 16gb Fuze+ last night. Of course, it didn't say anywhere they were backordered, so I paid for 2-day shipping, but found out this morning that they are out of stock.

Since I've seen people even in the last couple of days getting their 16gb orders filled and delivered, does anybody know how long backorder status usually lasts?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-08-2010, 06:20 PM

I ordered the same one last week and received an initial email saying that it was backordered, but it shipped the next day regardless. The forum moderator over at forums.sandisk.com for the Fuze+ subforum said that the initial stock that Sandisk.com had was somewhat limited, so I really don't know for certain if they are really out of stock or if you are getting the same email that I got. Maybe try asking Slotmonsta over at the official Fuze+ forum.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:39 PM

Nice, that's good to know. Maybe I'll get lucky too. I've got a thread at SanDisk, hopefully slotmonsta will chime in.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:00 PM

Just wanted to update: I called in and canceled my order today, figured I have a perfectly good Fuze as it is, I'll wait to see how the Fuze+ plays out in the real world before I upgrade. If Best Buy has them next week maybe I'll pick one up.

On the phone with the RMA department, I was told that my backordered item would have shipped on the 14th of September. I may have been high up on the queue, but if anybody else is waiting on a 16gb Fuze+, they should ship some on Tuesday.

Old 09-10-2010, 09:38 PM
Banned

make sure to add the geeksquad warr to your fuze+ when you get it, so if it breaks or ticks you off you can just take it back and get something else from bb!!!

Old 09-10-2010, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EggyCuppy View Post
make sure to add the geeksquad warr to your fuze+ when you get it, so if it breaks or ticks you off you can just take it back and get something else from bb!!!
Honestly, I'd recommend getting a warranty from SquareTrade.com -- They're less expensive, they can add accidental damage to the warranty, and they pay you actual money, rather than giving you a Best Buy gift card.

I'm not shilling for them here, but they really are a better alternative. Best Buy's warranty works, but it's overpriced and the determination of whether or not they'll cover it is usually up to some real idiots.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:52 PM
Banned

Oh i like squaretrade, but the nice thing about going with bb is its an instant gratification thing, normally they will have something most people would be willing to swap out for.

I have yet to run into a problem returning anything to bestbuy, enlarge they are just not paid enought to really care why your returning anything, they want your paperwork or bb card OR the ph# the item was bought under, then they let you either go grab a replacement or give you a card, I mean it is a bit of a pain that they give you a card, BUT the ability to swap out stuff instantly(no wait for shipping and such) really is handy, so your paying for convenience if nothing else.

Oh and I have yet to ever have them test anything I have taken back beyond when they checked my t10 to make sure it was really the one i said it was(we got 3 at the same time, mine was larger capacity), even then, they only sort of looked, i dont think they even really knew where to check for capacity...lol