android
Old 09-11-2010, 01:33 PM

Default Fuze+ 8GB at Best Buy - $89.99

Just popped into BB a few minutes ago to check, and they do have some 8GB Fuze+ boxes hanging out. I found them (finally) by the headphones, accessories, and other Sansa devices - definitely not displayed prominently. I almost missed them among the Sony players and Action Jackets.

My local store had white, blue, and black, 1 or 2 of each. $89.99 each, same as SanDisk's online store (except you can get 10% off at SanDisk), but at least they're in stock. I just got my old 8GB Fuze up and running after swapping out a cracked LCD, so I don't know if I want to upgrade or not.

Unless somebody is interested in my 8GB silver v2? Very good condition, very minor signs of use. For reference, BB is also still selling their old-style Fuze's for $69.99 for the 4GB model. I'd beat that deal.

UPDATE: Now on the Best Buy website. They're still only listing the 8GB models.

Last edited by SilverZero; 09-12-2010 at 10:10 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-11-2010, 03:45 PM

Yeah they had them at the Bestbuy near me and they also had a purple Clip+ which i didn't know they make, I got to get one since it is my favorite color.

Old 09-11-2010, 03:59 PM

I was just at BB today, asking about them. They still didn't have any in stock.

Amp: PA2V2, Fiio E3, FiiO E7, FiiO E5, FiiO E11, FiiO E6, FiiO E10

Old 09-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Banned

just called BB, ours dont have it yet, not sure if they are waiting to put it out till tomarow or of they just dont got any yet...bah!!!

Old 09-11-2010, 04:04 PM
Ultra Senior Member

My BB doesn't have them listed online either...haven't checked in the store, but I'm assuming if they're not online they're not in the store. Maybe you got lucky, and your store got them first.

Retired Devices:
Sansa Fuze 8+16GB Rockboxed

Old 09-11-2010, 04:38 PM

Yeah, there were several Clip+'s as well. I think I'm going to head back and get a Fuze+ while I've still got some cash in my wallet. I'm sure I'll recoup some of the cost from the old Fuze (or my wife will inherit it).

Old 09-11-2010, 04:41 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Good luck w/your Fuze+. Let us know how you like it. I personally just bought a Fuze v2 and Rockboxed it, and am loving it more than ever, I see nothing in the new Fuze+ that makes it better than the Rockboxed Fuze...

Retired Devices:

Old 09-11-2010, 04:47 PM

I know I sound stupid for saying it, but now that I think about it, I don't need a new player. I've got my Evo for watching videos on the go, so I don't need the bigger screen. I'd rather have a smaller device for running and biking anyway, and my Fuze is right here. I've got extra SD cards for swapping in and out, I can RB it (although I really didn't like RB when I tried it), and I've got all the gear I need.

Damn the bleeding edge! What I do need is some good headphones, since my CX300s crapped out on me.

Old 09-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Banned

if you like senn's you can get cx55's off dealextreme for like 13bucks(i have ordered quite a few sets for people so far and they have all been great values)

Old 09-11-2010, 04:54 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Sorry your CX300s crapped out on you, mine are still working. What type of headphones do you want (IEM's, etc.?) I use the JVC Flats. They have great SQ, and can be optimized for your ears w/the amazing Rockbox custom EQ. They are cheap, comfortable, don't leak out a lot of noise, loud enough for daily use, and block out a good amount of noises. I'm not that good w/IEM's, since Sennheiser ones are the only ones I have. I do, however, recommend the CX500, not that much different from the CX300, but have slightly better SQ, built-in volume control, and have a regular chord style (if you didn't like the CX300 chord design).

Retired Devices:

Old 09-11-2010, 04:57 PM
Banned

i did forget to mention a couple other great value's for IEM's

Sound Magic/Soundmagic pl-30 and pl-50 are great values, you can actually get the 30s with a FiiO e3 amp for 30bucks from head-direct(the e3 is a "gift") its a bargin imho.

for the money I still say the pl-30's are one of the best bangs for the buck you can find, they blow the cx300's away in every possible way!!!

Old 09-11-2010, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EggyCuppy View Post
if you like senn's you can get cx55's off dealextreme for like 13bucks(i have ordered quite a few sets for people so far and they have all been great values)
I'd expect those to be fakes. But I'm no expert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDougal View Post
Sorry your CX300s crapped out on you, mine are still working. What type of headphones do you want (IEM's, etc.?) I use the JVC Flats. They have great SQ, and can be optimized for your ears w/the amazing Rockbox custom EQ. They are cheap, comfortable, don't leak out a lot of noise, loud enough for daily use, and block out a good amount of noises. I'm not that good w/IEM's, since Sennheiser ones are the only ones I have. I do, however, recommend the CX500, not that much different from the CX300, but have slightly better SQ, built-in volume control, and have a regular chord style (if you didn't like the CX300 chord design).
I hated the cord on the CX300s, both the material and the stupid J-style lengths. I really enjoy my music, so SQ is big, but I don't mind getting something cheaper if it's "pretty good." Just as long as they'll stay in place while I'm gettin' crazy with nature. I haven't even started looking at that side of things yet, but I'll start with your suggestions.

Old 09-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Banned

they arent fake, i even had 3 sets checked by a senn rep, by all the things he could check they where genuine.

the cx55 was discontinued a while back, these are most likely night shift productions made with the same parts, I have compared my 2 sets (one i just gave to a friend who was about to buy a set of zune premium IEM's) to a dell bought set and they sounded the same to me.

i have had cx300, 400 and 500 sets, they all sounded worse then the cx55's i paid alot less for, and the pl-30's sound amazing as well, massive sound stage, with a bit of eq tweaking the bass is plentiful and the highs are quite good.

the pl-50 sound good on flat eq but really need some low and high boosting to sound their best, they can go amazingly low and shockingly high with proper tweaking, one warning tho, the 30's and 50's if cranked to high with to much bass can about kick ur eardrums in.... :P

Old 09-11-2010, 05:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverZero View Post
I hated the cord on the CX300s, both the material and the stupid J-style lengths. I really enjoy my music, so SQ is big, but I don't mind getting something cheaper if it's "pretty good." Just as long as they'll stay in place while I'm gettin' crazy with nature. I haven't even started looking at that side of things yet, but I'll start with your suggestions.
The JVC Flats are really a great deal, I was surprised at how great they are, for $20, they're a steal. If you don't like the SQ by default (I didn't), then the Rockbox EQ on the Fuze works perfectly. I just boost the Bass and Treble up to 8 dB and don't even use the graphical EQ, but of course the graphical EQ is always available if you feel you need more than just bass and treble tweaks. The CX500's are great IEM's, you'll like them especially since you don't like the CX300 style cord. I don't listen outside/don't use on walks, etc. so I can't say how well these will do if you're doing a lot outside, but I imagine they'll work just fine.

Retired Devices:

Old 09-11-2010, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDougal View Post
The JVC Flats are really a great deal, I was surprised at how great they are, for $20, they're a steal.
Ah, well I couldn't do it with over-the-head phones. I've got my DJ cans for that, but I need buds/IEMs for working out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EggyCuppy View Post
they arent fake, i even had 3 sets checked by a senn rep, by all the things he could check they where genuine.

the cx55 was discontinued a while back, these are most likely night shift productions made with the same parts, I have compared my 2 sets (one i just gave to a friend who was about to buy a set of zune premium IEM's) to a dell bought set and they sounded the same to me.

i have had cx300, 400 and 500 sets, they all sounded worse then the cx55's i paid alot less for, and the pl-30's sound amazing as well, massive sound stage, with a bit of eq tweaking the bass is plentiful and the highs are quite good.

the pl-50 sound good on flat eq but really need some low and high boosting to sound their best, they can go amazingly low and shockingly high with proper tweaking, one warning tho, the 30's and 50's if cranked to high with to much bass can about kick ur eardrums in.... :P
Those 55's look good if they're real Senn's. $30 is just above my impulse-buy threshold, so maybe I'll hold off on stepping up. Heck, if I think too hard I'll end up getting some Etymotics or something.

Thanks for the rec's!

Old 09-11-2010, 05:14 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverZero View Post
Ah, well I couldn't do it with over-the-head phones. I've got my DJ cans for that, but I need buds/IEMs for working out.

Those 55's look good if they're real Senn's. $30 is just above my impulse-buy threshold, so maybe I'll hold off on stepping up. Heck, if I think too hard I'll end up getting some Etymotics or something.

Thanks for the rec's!
The CX500's will work great for this. In fact I've used them before in this situation, they did just fine. I have no experience w/the 55's, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't take a look into them.

Retired Devices: