android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2010, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weybourne View Post
Hi,

I realise this thread is a bit old but thought I'd post in case someone comes across it after searching the same problem (like I did).
WOW! After months of not really seeing a solution I thought on a whim I'd try again to see if anyone came up with something and Bingo! Ya'll came through!!
After abandoning the ZenVPlus with it's "firmware problem" last spring for an *cough* iPod Touch *cough* my daughter today managed to accidently crush the iPod in the door of our car. Needless to say she was very bummed (I really was sorry for her, she bought with her own money, she enjoyed it quite a lot. Actually she enjoyed it too much! Became obsessive with it, the wifi, the freaking wifi! The apps, the freakin' apps! .... but, I digress). And, since she "had" to borrow my ZVM to listen to music ("Dad, I have to listen to something!!!") I thought, "Man, I gotta get that V Plus goin' again." And look here! The Solution! Wybourne, your advice to keep trying to get the V into Recovery Mode worked!! I re-formatted and it booted up just fine (all the music and videos are gone, of course, but that's easily fixed). The battery is charging as I write. I had the option to reinstall the firmware but I'm leary of doing that as long as it works now.

What would be your suggestion as to update the firmware? I did download this firmware from the Creative site and I assume it's for this V Plus (at the moment I don't recall what the current firmware is on it):

ZENV_PCFW_L22_1_32_01.exe

So, for the moment my daughter is mostly happy ("But, can I transfer my music from iTunes to it?) and I get my Zen back! I'm hoping this will deter her from things iPod for awhile!!! ZEN FOREVER!!!

Thanks, Weybourne and all!

Randy (HG Guy)