android
Old 10-06-2010, 08:52 AM

Yes, I was looking for a speaker dock. Given the varying quality of speakers in the different speaker docks, I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a decent speaker dock. Is this correct place in the forums or is there another place in the forum to ask for this type of recommendation? I don't want to spend hundreds, but I do want decent sound quality. Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-06-2010, 01:17 PM
Ultra Senior Member

No no, this is the right place. Simply not too many accessories of this type for the Sony E345.

BUMP

Be patient - maybe other folks will chime in
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 10-08-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
Philips used to make a reasonably decent dock that would work with iPods, SD cards, USB storage devices (including MP3 players) and CDs. You can still find them online. Amazon.com is one place still selling them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by terceslil View Post
Anyone ever try that Philips dock that was linked? Do I need any extra cables? Will a cable be provided to hook up my mp3 to the Philips dock? I would like to be able to listen to speakers that don't sound cheap and crappy but don't want to spend hundreds to do it.

TIA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
The Philips has a USB port. Use the cable that came with your player. Read the reviews on Amazon for opinions on output quality.
Olley told me to use the USB player on the Philips, but if I am understanding a previous statement in this thread, I will probably need to use the 3.5mm cable. Will this player play through the USB? I really don't want to make $100+ purchase without knowing what to expect from the dock and my E345.

TIA

Old 10-10-2010, 05:54 PM

Taking my E345 back tonight for a refund. I absolutely never use it. Just sits there. It's an ok player, but I like my Fuze and Clip+ way better. I think I'm going to sell some of my other gear too. I have way too much. 11 players is a bit overboard.

Amp: PA2V2, Fiio E3, FiiO E7, FiiO E5, FiiO E11, FiiO E6, FiiO E10

Old 10-10-2010, 06:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terceslil View Post
A good dock for my NWZ-E345? I'm going on a cruise in late October and would like to get a decent dock for my Walkman. Anyone have any suggestions?
1) ask this q in a separate thread with speakers in the title. Then people who don't care about the S345 migt answer.

2) get separate powered speakers that work off the headphone jack. get a separate usb charger. do you know if the crfuise ship has US style electrical plugs or European style?

I have a pair of small speakers that I got for a cassette Walkman (yes they are that old). They work great. Take 4 C batteries each. I think I could have bought an AC adapter for them, but too long ago to be sure. Hopefully you can find something good that's smaller

Steve

Old 10-10-2010, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Viking View Post
Taking my E345 back tonight for a refund. I absolutely never use it. Just sits there. It's an ok player, but I like my Fuze and Clip+ way better. I think I'm going to sell some of my other gear too. I have way too much. 11 players is a bit overboard.
I did it, I took it back. Like I said, didn't use it anyways.

Old 10-10-2010, 10:14 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Viking View Post
I did it, I took it back. Like I said, didn't use it anyways.
That's what happened to me too. I traded my S545 for a V1 Fuze, so I could try Rockbox on a "stable" target, and within a week had it on first one Clip+, and soon after on the other Clip+. From that point on, my E345 was barely used....so I ended up selling it and my E5 FiiO(which also wasn't getting used) to a buddy.

Old 10-11-2010, 01:42 PM

I hear ya. My Fuze and Clip+ get used more than anything else I have.

Old 01-06-2011, 11:22 AM

anyone had and rezolved the low volume issue with their nwz-e354? it's damn annoying that i can't listen to a higher volume.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Fintzu: If you are in Europe, then I think you are S.O.L. Don't think anyone anywhere has been able to bypass/re-flash the Sony gear to overcome the EU mandated volume restriction.

Cowon, Sandisk, etc, all allows the user to simply select another region in the stock FW to bypass the EU mandate.

Sorry man...but if you come across a way that works, please post it for folks!
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 01-10-2011, 03:49 AM

Since this is Anything But IPOD I have to say that if your used to IPOD then Sony wouldn't be pleasing to you. Sony is very good and they have never disappointed me. I use a little mp3 player charger made by phillips on it and does very well. Sony transfer does work on it. Slow transfer rates are usually with size of file. 320kbps tunes can be as high as 20 megs! I own the NWZ-E344 Red. Its not really budget as say Sansa clips are. Sony made this little player efficient in power. Keep your battery at full when you transfer tunes to it then after top off the charge on the battery. wink wink!

Old 01-07-2012, 02:44 AM

I recieved my E345 today. I purchased it NIB from ebay. I cannot get the home screen to come up. Only thing that comes up is the walkman logo with the 'every moment has it's moment music' and a little box annimation in the bottom right of the screen. I am able to connect it to my PC (windows 7 x64) and drag music into the music directory. I have done the support chat with sony, they basically said turn it off, turn is on, then try reset. That didn't help. I am unhestitant to assume that it turned off in the first place because the screen goes black in about 10 seconds.

I have also tried updating the firmware, but the install failed. This is pretty disappointing, anyone else had this issue or have any suggestions.

TY