android
Old 10-11-2010, 09:51 PM

Help Tried to uninstall Rockbox, what went wrong?

I have a Sansa e280v2 on which I had installed Rockbox using Rockbox Utility. I'm tired of it now and would like to return to the original Sansa so I tried using Rockbox Utility to uninstall it but it wouldn't. I tried going into recovery mode but my sansa wouldn't do anything, so I booted by turning on hold and holding |<< while plugging it into my computer, then I deleted the .rockbox folder and put PP5022.mi4 into the root directory (as I had read somewhere was a way to manually uninstall Rockbox without going into recovery). When I restart the player the Rockbox screen comes up on startup and then it says plug usb cable. Is there something else I should've deleted?

If it helps, this is what I see when I boot it using the hold/|<< mode:

Last edited by oliviag; 10-11-2010 at 10:45 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-11-2010, 11:59 PM
Administrator

The Rockbox Utility can't uninstall without the log file it creates during an automatic installation. You need to follow the manual uninstalltion directions. You'll need a copy of sanspatcher.exe.

It felt strange looking it up. I haven't uninstalled Rockbox on a e2xx series Sansa in over 2 years.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:05 AM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

You're both thinking of the e200v1. The e200v2 is a different player. You can't use sansapatcher or mi4 files with it.

The manual uninstall is the same as the fuze, just copy a new e200v2 firmware file over and you're done.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
You're both thinking of the e200v1. The e200v2 is a different player. You can't use sansapatcher or mi4 files with it.

The manual uninstall is the same as the fuze, just copy a new e200v2 firmware file over and you're done.
Whoa, completely whiffed on the V2 part, guess it's time for this

Tags
e200, recovery mode, rockbox, sansa, uninstall