android
Old 10-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post
*snip*

@Marv: Indeed that K.I.S.S. theme looks quite nice. Perfect color for the Fuze blue ring - I noticed it on your pic and was interested. Needs a tad more info for my tastes, but the WPS is indeed quite nice.

Creator of this theme: Great work if you are reading this, Michael. Gave you a 9 out of 10, cause I wanna see more info and see you stretch a but on the normal RB menus screens
Perfect color for the Fuze blue ring? I wouldn't know....I have the blue ring disabled.

And I cannot believe you think that theme needs more info.... about every other theme I recommend, you say it has too much info!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-08-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Creator of this theme: Great work if you are reading this, Michael.
Hey, that's creepy! In fact, I did, though more or less by accident, as I don't read this forum regularly. But bookmarked it a couple of month ago when I bought my Fuze and rockboxed it for the first time. So, first of all: Thanks a lot for the very positive feedback!

Quote:
@Marv: Indeed that K.I.S.S. theme looks quite nice. Perfect color for the Fuze blue ring - I noticed it on your pic and was interested. Needs a tad more info for my tastes, but the WPS is indeed quite nice.
I usually dislike themes that clutter the Fuze's rather smallish screen with too much information (hence the name – K.I.S.S.). But I'm always open for suggestions. What do you think needs to be included?

Quote:
Gave you a 9 out of 10, cause I wanna see more info and see you stretch a but on the normal RB menus screens
"stretch a but", I don’t even know what that means. Sorry, not a native speaker.

Old 10-08-2010, 05:11 PM

Quote:
roflmao!!! UV, u stinker! This is the last email i got from you, in its entirety:

"Appreciated brother, but I figured it out on my own last night. You left the forum, so I figured you were out for the night. Thanks anywhos, much appreciated. It made sense the more I read it."

Where does that say you didn't use my build?

stinka!!!! rofl
Well les, the part where it says, "I figured it out on my own", lol. And also, the part where it says, "It made sense the more I read it."

Amp: PA2V2, Fiio E3, FiiO E7, FiiO E5, FiiO E11, FiiO E6, FiiO E10

Old 10-09-2010, 04:47 AM
Ultra Senior Member

@UV: Clear communication in this instance was a...FAIL.... lol Whatever, brotha. Just so glad it all worked out. That's all that counts

@Progweed: Indeed! What a coincidence. Stick around/come by more often. Lots of Fuze/RB users and we can be a vocal bunch

Some more thoughts on KISS: [again, very nice work Michael]...
- I appreciate your concept and agree - less is more oftentimes. Only thing I personally would like to see on your WPS screen is possibly the date on top next to the current time. And for sure the name of the playlist that is being played - under the bitrate would be fine, but scroll it if possible.

- For sure, under the secondary WPS screen, I personally want to see the current playlist and also the next track info. This would need a bit of reworking for your secondary WPS screen of course.

- I very much like your choice of colors for both the fonts and the icon/graphical elements. They will complement the Fuze blue ring very nicely.

- Your background choice is also very very nice and subtle. I would not change a thing here.

- If ambitious [what I meant by "stretching yourself a bit"], for sure come up with a consistent re-work of the normal RB menu GUI to match the rest of your theme.

Overall, really a very nice, very elegant and subtle theme. It could well be a top 2-3 fave for me as it is, but could likely be at the top for me with the suggestions above implemented somehow. My own current #1 theme is the WPS screen from Boselhack [though I am not crazy about the colors] or SpartanBlack, with the rest of the GUI coming from either FuzeRock2+ or Darkness.

However, those are only my personal suggestions/personal wishlist - ultimately, you are not trying to please me, but yourself. Whether you make any changes or not, your work is very much appreciated! And you have created a mighty fine RB theme for the Fuze.

Last question: what size is your album art display? 125x125px?

cheers and thank you again for your efforts,
-les
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Last edited by lestatar; 10-09-2010 at 04:53 AM.

Old 10-09-2010, 06:26 AM

Quote:
@Progweed: Indeed! What a coincidence. Stick around/come by more often. Lots of Fuze/RB users and we can be a vocal bunch
Oh, what a nice invitation. Well, we'll see...
(Seems there a lot of Americans here. I'd LOVE to visit New York someday.)

Quote:
Only thing I personally would like to see on your WPS screen is possibly the date on top next to the current time.
Adding the date would be trivial, but there is very little space left adjacent to the album cover, especially with 12-hour time format and AM/PM notation. I could…

- remove am/pm
- place the date below or above the current time (cluttering the screen a bit more)
- or choose a smaller font for date and time

Quote:
And for sure the name of the playlist that is being played - under the bitrate would be fine, but scroll it if possible.
Done. Added it below the playlist position counter.

Quote:
- For sure, under the secondary WPS screen, I personally want to see the current playlist and also the next track info. This would need a bit of reworking for your secondary WPS screen of course.
Mhm, what do you mean by "secondary WPS screen"? The next track info is already there, alternating with the album's name.

Quote:
- If ambitious [what I meant by "stretching yourself a bit"], for sure come up with a consistent re-work of the normal RB menu GUI to match the rest of your theme.
I could certainly do that, though I wouldn't like to introduce graphical elements that take away space which is better used for menu items (imho). And for the moment I'm out of ideas… What do you think?

Quote:
However, those are only my personal suggestions/personal wishlist - ultimately, you are not trying to please me, but yourself. Whether you make any changes or not, your work is very much appreciated! And you have created a mighty fine RB theme for the Fuze.
Thank you and no problem at all. I'm a bit of a perfectionist anyway.

Quote:
Last question: what size is your album art display? 125x125px?
120x120
Bands I dig: Genesis, Jethro Tull, Marillion, Pink Floyd, Mike Oldfield, Arena, Savatage, Threshold, Twelfth Night, Flower Kings, Magenta, Mostly Autumn, Transatalantic, Vanden Plas, Deep Purple, Metallica, R.E.M., Cake, and, yes, Katie Melua.

Old 10-09-2010, 07:06 AM
Ultra Senior Member

@ Progweed...
I like this theme too....nice work! Great color choices.

Unlike most Americans, I would say not to bother with the AM/PM notification, as the 24-hour format is superior.

Old 10-09-2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
@ Progweed...
I like this theme too....nice work! Great color choices.
Thanks to you as well. I already saw that you mentioned it in the other thread.
(I nearly feel a bit embarrassed by all this unexpected praise; I'm really just dabbling around in Photoshop, it's not a big deal…)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Unlike most Americans, I would say not to bother with the AM/PM notification, as the 24-hour format is superior.
Sure. We Europeans have known this for a looong time.
Bands I dig: Genesis, Jethro Tull, Marillion, Pink Floyd, Mike Oldfield, Arena, Savatage, Threshold, Twelfth Night, Flower Kings, Magenta, Mostly Autumn, Transatalantic, Vanden Plas, Deep Purple, Metallica, R.E.M., Cake, and, yes, Katie Melua.

Old 10-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quick comment: Agree! I exclusively use the 24 hour format on all my portable devices.

More later...
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 10-11-2010, 11:04 PM

Hi,

I just ordered a Fuze v2. How stable is Rockbox? On the website is states V2 is unstable..

thanks

Old 10-11-2010, 11:11 PM

Haven't had it on too long, but have used it a lot since it's been on there. No problems here. Works like a charm.

Amp: PA2V2, Fiio E3, FiiO E7, FiiO E5, FiiO E11, FiiO E6, FiiO E10

Old 10-13-2010, 11:20 AM

Have only had it freeze a few times long ago but in the last 6 months I have not had really any issues at all. For the most part its pretty stable and very usable now.