android
Old 10-05-2010, 09:12 PM

Default Colonization - Abandoned

The last few months I have been programming this Colonization game, and it's nearing completion (which is good, since I am just about ready to be done with it)! I don't know exactly how much is left, but I hope to release the beta version to my testers in just a few weeks (if you would like to help test it, please apply at the "Want to be a Beta tester?" thread). This being my first app, I got some advice from a friend of mine, who suggested I program it in a very systematic way. Because of this, the game will not be playable until every part of it is programmed. It will (most likely) be in isometric view, and I have already begun creating the graphics, so I will be posting those in a thread sometime soon. I have already written over 1100 lines of code (41,026 characters, if you must know), and I think I have just a few hundred more (*sigh...*)

P.S. Just curious, how come all of you know English (that is, of course, excluding
LordXenos, jbob182, and anyone else from the US or UK), and rather well, for most of you?

Last edited by ©reative; 11-02-2010 at 03:44 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-06-2010, 07:14 AM

Nice to hear that this is closing in on release!

As for your OT question, the reason my English is as good as it is despite me being Swedish is for a few reasons.
1: I have studied English since I started school, and I am now 19. So 12 years of studies.
2: I have always had it easy to grasp linguistic concepts and therefore learn languages easily.
3: Since I became "double digit" I have been in contact with English very often, from 12 on it's been pretty much daily exposure.
4: The past two years I have been communicating with my girlfriend in English only, due to her not speaking Swedish.

All these together have resulted in my fluency. My pronunciation on the other hand is yet to be perfected, I have an apparent Swedish accent when speaking I believe =P
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 10-06-2010, 09:48 PM

Cool! There's actually a foreign exchange student from Sweden coming to my church right now who also has a Swedish accent. I think it's pretty sweet.

Old 10-10-2010, 04:41 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habhome View Post
2: had it .
3: Since I became "double digit"
lol @ essay-style writing :P

as for the quote

had it: found it

"double digit": WTF? a digit is a finger. i think you might be thinking of bilingual?

and im english, so easy peasy for me. I know quite a few people (all of them swedish for some reason) who have pretty much taught themselves english through the internet over a long period of time

and OT: sounds awesome, cant wait for release

~Mr Wunderbar

Old 10-10-2010, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wunderbar View Post
lol @ essay-style writing :P

as for the quote

had it: found it

"double digit": WTF? a digit is a finger. i think you might be thinking of bilingual?
essay-style writing?

And thanks for the correction on the "had it", I guess I fell back on Swenglish there, we express ourself with the word "had" instead of "found" in that situation.

As for double digit. I am not thinking of bilingual, I know that word quite well (considering I AM bilingual). I will just refer you here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digit_(math)
Seems as if I know something a native doesn't

Now if you want to reply to this, please do so via PM as to not clutter this thread.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 10-16-2010, 03:51 AM
X-Fi2 Development Moderator

Quote:
P.S. Just curious, how come all of you know English (that is, of course, excluding
LordXenos, jbob182, and anyone else from the US), and rather well, for most of you?
I'm from England - where people also speak English lol..

Old 10-16-2010, 10:26 AM
X-Fi2 App Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzdbbb View Post
I'm from England - where people also speak English lol..
Same.. Makes sense really XD

Old 10-16-2010, 05:44 PM

It's true, although I believe there are minor differences (we have different idioms and that sort of thing).

Old 10-17-2010, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ©reative View Post
LordXenos, jbob182, and anyone else from the US or UK), and rather well, for most of you?
I live in America, but in a state where the accent is made fun of: Georgia. For some reason people are fascinated with the accent lol BTW, I love games like Colonization, so I wish you good luck on the app. I'll be keeping an eye out on the forums for the release of it.

Closed Thread