android
Old 10-18-2010, 11:40 PM
Administrator

Glad we've got some people realizing that customizing Rockbox isn't just limited to audio. With a little time and a photo editing application (I use Irfanview) there's any number of tweaks you can do to make your build distinctly yours.

All of my themes have this little "If found" message in them. The only player I ever misplaced actually caused a guy to call me and want a reward to return it. We negotiated to $10 and a McDonalds meal to get back a $55 e280.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-19-2010, 01:45 AM

yep, you could mod the sound till the cows come home, and thats great and just one aspect of this system, its functionality and UI modding are also massive boosts and its been a privilege to use it, at $29 for a 4GB refurb (mint condition) with a 16GB sd card its ben the best investment in a player so far, plus i love the wheel, so easy to use

i will eventually have a go myself at a theme, i like this one simply because the layout is less cluttered and more uniform than most - so tops to the author

warrior/viking - nice tweak job, the blue really does compliment the player ,especially when the wheel is lit

one aspect of the RB UI i dont like is the fonts, all of them are just too rough round the edges, when our beloved Chinese media players (which i know are so adored on this site) started getting TTF fonts the difference it made visually was massive, just a hell of alot easier on the eyes

anyway, this is my main now playing theme so keep it up
Video: Ramos T11RK 5"

Old 10-19-2010, 02:54 AM
Ultra Senior Member

damm!!! I leave the country for a few measly weeks and you guys all pool together to make a kick ass new Fuze RB theme Suh-weet!

Awesome work Saxmaster, UV...I have not tried it yet but I thinking I will really dig the blue version alot.

You guys are terrific and prolly smell good too...

skip252: you totally made out on that deal...I know how you feel. I have similar messages on my cell and Blackberry locked screens...I have gotten my stuff back the 2 times I was stupid enough to leave them in restaurants/cabs.

only diff is put "$$$$$ if found", not Big Macs and McNuggets. lol
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 10-19-2010, 03:14 AM

saxmaster: Looks great, much better than what I could accomplish!

Meanwhile I fiddled around with my own theme and added the things lestatar proposed in the other thread.

(Included the date at the top of the screen and the playlist's name below the playlist position counter. Can't be seen in the screenshots, but it's there! )

WPS with AA:

WPS without AA:

I didn't change the menu. Any ideas?

Also wrote some code for the radio screen:

I haven't released the update so far, so if you want something changed… now is the time.
Bands I dig: Genesis, Jethro Tull, Marillion, Pink Floyd, Mike Oldfield, Arena, Savatage, Threshold, Twelfth Night, Flower Kings, Magenta, Mostly Autumn, Transatalantic, Vanden Plas, Deep Purple, Metallica, R.E.M., Cake, and, yes, Katie Melua.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:08 AM

How do you mess with the radio skin? I never found anything for it.

Oh, and I like your theme. I haven't downloaded it yet, but it's nice and the radio skin is a very nice touch.

Last edited by saxmaster765; 10-19-2010 at 06:17 AM.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maderin1 View Post

warrior/viking - nice tweak job, the blue really does compliment the player ,especially when the wheel is lit
Thanks mad, appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post

Awesome work Saxmaster, UV...I have not tried it yet but I thinking I will really dig the blue version alot.

You guys are terrific and prolly smell good too...

Thanks les. Hope you're having a good time. And yes, I smell damn good.

^ Nice work Progweed.

Amp: PA2V2, Fiio E3, FiiO E7, FiiO E5, FiiO E11, FiiO E6, FiiO E10

Old 10-19-2010, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxmaster765 View Post
How do you mess with the radio skin? I never found anything for it.

Oh, and I like your theme. I haven't downloaded it yet, but it's nice and the radio skin is a very nice touch.
Thanks! Messing with the radio skin is easy, just create a file with extension .fms (instead of .wps) and copy it to the wps directory. Then configure your theme to use this file by adding one line to your theme's cfg, like this:

fms: /.rockbox/wps/themename.fms

There are only a few additional tags reserved for the FM screen, it's all in the manual.

Also I think there was a bug that prevented the FM screen from showing up, but it seems that this was fixed in one of the latest daily builds. Works like a charm now.
Bands I dig: Genesis, Jethro Tull, Marillion, Pink Floyd, Mike Oldfield, Arena, Savatage, Threshold, Twelfth Night, Flower Kings, Magenta, Mostly Autumn, Transatalantic, Vanden Plas, Deep Purple, Metallica, R.E.M., Cake, and, yes, Katie Melua.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:44 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Progweed: You're hired!!! lol

Very very sweet my friend - thanks so much! I am traveling at the moment, but for sure will give both your theme and Samaster's a whirl ASAP.

Both look terrific indeed.

You guys are great

cheers!
-les

PS: @UV: Gonna have to take your word for that one - I don't normally smell dudes.... roflmao

And thank you again afor your work on Saxmaster's theme
A Glossary for Newbies

Last edited by lestatar; 10-19-2010 at 07:17 AM.

Old 10-19-2010, 04:01 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progweed View Post

Meanwhile I fiddled around with my own theme and added the things lestatar proposed in the other thread.

(Included the date at the top of the screen and the playlist's name below the playlist position counter. Can't be seen in the screenshots, but it's there! )

WPS with AA:

WPS without AA:

I haven't released the update so far, so if you want something changed… now is the time.
Please excuse me if this is a dumb question....but is that theme available to download (what's its name)? I love it and would really like to use it on my Fuze ! Great work!

Retired Devices:
Sansa Fuze 8+16GB Rockboxed

Old 10-19-2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
And thank you again afor your work on Saxmaster's theme
I just did that for my personal player les. It's not released or anything.

Amp: PA2V2, Fiio E3, FiiO E7, FiiO E5, FiiO E11, FiiO E6, FiiO E10

Old 10-20-2010, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDougal View Post
Please excuse me if this is a dumb question....but is that theme available to download (what's its name)? I love it and would really like to use it on my Fuze ! Great work!
It's called "Keep it simple, Stupid! v2" and I just posted the updated version to the Rockbox theme site. Grab it here: http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?...et=sansafuzev2

Old 10-20-2010, 06:25 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
It's called "Keep it simple, Stupid! v2" and I just posted the updated version to the Rockbox theme site. Grab it here: http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?...et=sansafuzev2
Looks very nice!
Attached Images
File Type: gif bravo-009.gif (761 Bytes, 103 views)

Old 10-20-2010, 09:26 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Excellent Progweed!

One tiny suggestion: lose the comma after the month abbreviation. It will look cleaner...

I feel horrible as it was my idea to add the date in the first place

GREAT WORK!! Gonna try it later tonight...
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 10-20-2010, 11:43 AM

Thanks all of you

Quote:
Excellent Progweed!

One tiny suggestion: lose the comma after the month abbreviation. It will look cleaner...

I feel horrible as it was my idea to add the date in the first place
Um…don't. I don't even know why I put that comma there...stupid brain!

I'll change it in the next update.

Meanwhile you can fix it yourself if you want to. Just open .rockbox/wps/kissv2.wps with a text editor and search for %cb, (the string occurs twice). Replace it with %cb (no comma), then save and reload the theme and you're good to go.

Last edited by Progweed; 10-20-2010 at 11:51 AM.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:01 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Thanks!

Retired Devices:
Sansa Fuze 8+16GB Rockboxed

Old 11-05-2010, 06:06 AM

Another (small) update for KISSv2: I removed the redundant comma and changed the font in the radio screen to "35-Nimbus". This font looks much better than the Adobe font I used before, even without antialiasing.

Screenshots:
http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?...et=sansafuzev2

Download:
http://themes.rockbox.org/download.php?themeid=1119

Old 11-05-2010, 07:49 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I've never even seen the radio screen, but I'll certainly update to this one to remove the comma.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:

WPS with AA:

WPS without AA:

I really like this theme except for one thing. I'm using embedded album art and when I use this theme it looks really low-res. When I use the "orange glow" theme posted earlier in this thread the album art looks fine. Am I doing something wrong?

Old 03-10-2011, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Viking View Post
Okay, got ambitious. Changed the battery indicator to green. Thanks again for a cool theme. Really like it:

Is there any chance you could upload this theme with the green battery?

Old 03-10-2011, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyZ View Post
I really like this theme except for one thing. I'm using embedded album art and when I use this theme it looks really low-res. When I use the "orange glow" theme posted earlier in this thread the album art looks fine. Am I doing something wrong?
I don't think so.

And I'm afraid I have no idea what's going wrong there. Basically, in a theme you have no control about how album art is displayed, that's why it's strange that your covers are displayed correctly when you change themes. "Orange Glow" uses bigger album art than my theme, but still, there shouldn't be much of a difference in image sharpness. Sorry, I'm at a loss here.