android
Old 10-19-2010, 09:49 PM

Default How do I try Meier crossfeed patch?

Hi guys. Been hearing some talk about Meier crossfeed patch. Did a search and found FS#11577. So how do I go about downloading/implementing it in my Clip+? Or is that only for developers?

I'm a baby when it comes to IT so I'd appreciate step by step instructions ie:-
1. turn on clip+
2. go to "xxxxx" menu
3. select "yyyyyy"
4. push "zzzz" button
5. ...

Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-19-2010, 10:11 PM
Administrator

dfkt has it included in the build he posted here. Download and install the build. Look for Meier under the crossfeed setting in the sound settings menu. Turn it on or off. There's no adjustment settings AFAIK.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
dfkt has it included in the build he posted here. Download and install the build. Look for Meier under the crossfeed setting in the sound settings menu. Turn it on or off. There's no adjustment settings AFAIK.
Thanks! Like I said, I'm a baby and I need baby steps. Do I download and unzip it into my clip+? Which folder? Does it replace the current rockbox version I have?

Cheers

Old 10-19-2010, 11:29 PM
Administrator

If you care to keep your current settings you just unzip the new build to the root of the Clip+. I always create a backup either on the player by copying the old build into a folder I've created and on the player or my computer.

You could also either backup or delete your current build for a fresh install. Then unzip the new build to the root of the player. You lose all your previous settings.

You can keep your settings by saving the current config.cfg file and placing that in the new build. If that file refers to any themes or fonts that aren't currently on the player the player uses the default Rockbox settings.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:01 AM

Thanks skip252!!! Managed to get it done without killing my Clip+ or messing with my settings and playlists! This might be a small thing for you pros but for me, it's an achievement!!!!

Old 10-20-2010, 12:13 AM
Administrator

Good to hear. Changing up builds that way lets you test drive other versions and you can always revert if you hit a buggy one. There's not really much sense in hanging onto really old builds but one or two may come in handy when you're troubleshooting down the road.

Just be sure when a real noob comes along you pass it forward.