android
Old 08-09-2010, 08:11 PM

Default Headphone jack on S639R seems to be failing

Turned on my S639F the other day only to find one channel working. I than tried the Sony headphones that came with my player thinking the other phones had failed. These also only had sound coming out of one channel. I than tried my Sennheiser PX100 phones and they worked perfectly? I'm guessing the tension mechanism in the plug of the player has opened up or stretched or something. Maybe it's not properly griping the pin of the phones. I'm sure If I sent the player to Sony for repair the cost wouldn't be worth it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Love this player, but it's hit and miss now with ear plugs.

Vision1994

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-10-2010, 05:38 AM

Try cleaning the 3.5 mm plug on the Sony's with alcohol. Put plug in and move around, remove and clean again. (Note when taking out of WM and cleaning if any muck comes off on tissue/cloth) Incidently I have changed the plug on my Sennheiser PX100 phones for a Neutrik type (all metal) and the grip/contact is amazing, almost too good.

Old 10-20-2010, 05:25 AM

I've had the same issue with a 4th gen ipod nano. I resolved it by cleaning the input with a stick with a cotton bud without any cleaning product.