android
Old 10-09-2010, 10:22 AM

Default MAC Attack Alpha (v0.0.4)

Hi everyone.

You might be wondering why I am posting a new thread despite not being finished with my RPG game yet.
The reason is very simple, due to my being stressed I have been staring myself blind on the code to my RPG, and have thus been unable to produce any additional code.

A classmate of mine showed me this game called "MAC Attack" on his phone running a Symbian OS and suggested I create it for the X-Fi2, pretty much challenged me to. So to let my mind rest from my project I started writing this.

It only took me from yesterday evening until now to finish the game, so it should still be considered an alpha since I haven't done any extensive testing yet. But since it seems pretty stable I decided to release it to the public early to get some feedback.

FEATURES:
Version: Alpha 0.0.4
Gameplay:
During 60 seconds you try to hit the Apple logo's flying by.
Regular logo: 1 point
Retro logo: 5 points
Highscore saving

Future Updates:
Perhaps some nicer graphics

Known issues:
None, tell me if you find any.

LATEST NEWS:
  • 9th October '10: Alpha release

------------------------
Attached Images
File Type: png Menu.png (19.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: png gameplay.png (8.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: png Score.png (16.5 KB, 13 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip MAC Attack v0.0.4.zip (46.7 KB, 64 views)
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Last edited by Habhome; 10-09-2010 at 02:42 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-09-2010, 12:39 PM

Simple and nice game, but I could only get 3 points, this touchscreen is terrible.

Old 10-09-2010, 01:01 PM

Yes the touchscreen is a bit too slow for this, so you almost have to aim a bit above to be sure to hit them. And Iv'e got a highscore of about 56 or so.

Old 10-10-2010, 02:15 PM
X-Fi2 Development Moderator

one simple way you could fix the touchscreen problem (might or might not work) is to add like 5 to the x value to fix the problem for the touchscreen

Old 10-10-2010, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbob182 View Post
one simple way you could fix the touchscreen problem (might or might not work) is to add like 5 to the x value to fix the problem for the touchscreen
I thought about doing that, but for the alpha I decided to let it be and see if other people's devices also were that far behind so that you should force an addition.

Old 10-20-2010, 03:19 PM

yeah....next time dont infect it with a freakin virus! it took my dad forever to get it cleaned >

Old 10-20-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by datallboy View Post
yeah....next time dont infect it with a freakin virus! it took my dad forever to get it cleaned >
I would like to inform you that I am behind double firewalls running an up-to-date Anti-Virus program, and I have been brought up by a father who works with Information Security. The chances of me being infected are very, very slim. It is more likely some malicious code exploited a security flaw in your system while downloading the file, because the file itself is clean as a whistle.

But now if it had happened despite all unlikeliness that the file I uploaded has been infected somehow then I would appreciate it if you did not blame me for infecting it with a virus intentionally, I am thoroughly insulted by such a notion.

Old 10-20-2010, 04:02 PM
X-Fi2 Development Moderator

the file is clean i have used it and no problem. Have you ever checked the location of the virus to make sure that it was this file? ( might i suggest making a bootable antivirus program (burning an iso to cd or making a bootable usb) it helps a ton when virus prevent any a.v. from booting up)

Old 10-20-2010, 04:53 PM

This file is more than clean, hard to be a virus with just 46kb being most of them png and a couple of lua files.

Tags
anti, anythingbutipod, apple, game, habhome, mac