android
Old 10-17-2010, 02:55 AM

Default Can't Get This Theme to Work--Anyone Else?

Of all the themes I've seen so far, the one linked below is my favorite. A: because it has the biggest album art, and B: because the design is very clean and uncluttered, with a large, readable font ...

http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?...et=sansafuzev2

BUT I can't get it to load. It says "loaded" when I install it ... but nothing changes. I've installed other themes without having this problem ... Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong? Can any of you get this to work?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-18-2010, 03:00 PM

So--did any of the 40+ people who read my post bother to try the theme I'm having trouble with? And if so ... did it work for you?

Old 10-18-2010, 03:05 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

It helps if you give some info. That page says it needs the current build. Did you try it on the current build or something else?

Old 10-18-2010, 03:49 PM

What I found in the past with this theme is the fact that there is no menu setup or theme.

You have to go into /.rockbox/wps/SIMPLE.wps and select that.

Old 10-18-2010, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
It helps if you give some info. That page says it needs the current build. Did you try it on the current build or something else?
Thanks for responding! I'm running r28284-101015, which I'm assuming is the current build ...

Old 10-18-2010, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxmaster765 View Post
What I found in the past with this theme is the fact that there is no menu setup or theme.

You have to go into /.rockbox/wps/SIMPLE.wps and select that.
Thanks for responding!

What program do I use to go and select the .wps file? Is it within the Rockbox menu? I tried using "search" but that didn't work.

Old 10-18-2010, 04:48 PM

Hold the down button to get yourself to the little menu that lets you change shuffle, repeat, and "Show Files" (This can be accessed in most menus). Press up or down to get "Show Files" to "All".

Then, go to "Files" from the main menu, then ".rockbox", then "wps", and find the file that says "SIMPLE.wps". Select it, then nothing will seem to happen. When you go back to the while playing screen, your theme will be there.

You can also do this to mix and match a While Playing Screen with a Custom Status Bar (extension ".sbs")

Old 10-18-2010, 05:25 PM

You're right, it doesn't work. I think the theme needs fixing, but I'm not sure whats wrong. Loading it in the sim doesn't even generate an error message for me, even though it obviously fails.

Edit: fixed version: http://duke.edu/~mgg6/rockbox/SIMPLE.zip

Thanks for reporting. This brought to light an annoying bug in our theme verification code.

Last edited by saratoga; 10-18-2010 at 05:49 PM.

Old 10-18-2010, 05:51 PM

Well, I finally got it to work--sort of--by following The Saxmaster's instructions. Only ... none of my album art shows up (it does with some other themes) and the main screen still has the background file from a different theme ...

Old 10-19-2010, 01:57 PM

Saxmaster--did you get album art to show up with SIMPLE?

If I could find another theme that had album art as large as this one, along with a minimal, uncluttered layout, I'd gladly switch, but so far this is the one that comes closest to my ideal ...

Old 10-19-2010, 04:15 PM

Well, it's not as large, but theme I recently uploaded (Orange Glow) has some pretty big album art.

Old 10-20-2010, 03:16 AM

I'll check that out, thanks for the recommendation.

Old 10-21-2010, 06:33 PM

Saratoga--thanks for looking into this and thanks for the link!!!!

The unfortunate thing is ... album art still doesn't show up with this theme, even with the fixed link ... I'm using folder.jpg, placed in the individual music folders, and with most--though not all--themes, it shows up just fine ...

Any idea why I can't get album art to work with this theme?

Old 10-21-2010, 08:01 PM

I asked on IRC and got this answer:

[19:59] <JdGordon|> S_a_i_n_t: does Cd need to be in a viewport?
[19:59] <S_a_i_n_t> Then, nope...no idea what the problem is.
[19:59] * JdGordon| cant remember
[19:59] <S_a_i_n_t> JdGordon|: Yep.
[20:00] <JdGordon|> ah then that is the answer saratoga
[20:00] <JdGordon|> add %V(0,0,-,-,1) at the top and it should work
[20:00] <S_a_i_n_t> Hmmm...if it uses any other viewports, then yes...it will.

[20:11] <S_a_i_n_t> I don't really like that suggestion personally...there's a fixed version here: http://pastebin.ca/1969494

Last edited by saratoga; 10-21-2010 at 08:19 PM.

Old 10-21-2010, 11:50 PM

First. let me thank you for going above and beyond in trying to help with this. I really appreciate it!

Second, I copied and pasted the lines from that link into a text file and named it SIMPLE.wps, and replaced the original SIMPLE.wps with the new one ... and it works. Sort of. For the first time, I can actually see album art. YES! But, instead of the performer's name or song title appearing above the album art, as it is supposed to, the number 25. appears, in the top left corner above the art. For every song.

Did I screw it up somehow when I cut and pasted it?

EDIT: Don't know if this means anything, but I noticed this line in the wps ...

"#Platform: iRiver H3X0 (220x176x16)"

Could this mean this theme is NOT for the Sansa Fuze?

EDIT AGAIN: I compared my copy and paste job to the original and it looks like the numbers and commands are slightly misaligned ... with the commands being slightly below the numbers.

EDIT AGAIN AGAIN: I went and edited the .wps file so that the command lines appear in the same line as the numbers ... and IT WORKS! YES! Song titles now appear scrolling above the art. The "25." is still there for every song, but I figure I'll just learn to live with that ...

Last edited by blinkstar; 10-22-2010 at 12:36 AM.